Skip to content

Top earner

What would the top earner in our squad (hayes) be on a week and what's the average for the squad??

Comments

• Pointless question.

• A lot less than a lot of people would believe.

• You would be surprised at the wages that are paid in the league matty Taylor who scored a hat trick against us for Bristol rovers the other week and being looked at by higher league teams earns £800 a week. Luton pay One player (ex Peterborough) £5000 a week but generally the wages they are not high in this league .

• It's a magnificent facility. One of many feathers in Andrew Howard's cap. The positive changes/improvements since he became Chairman have been manifold. Long may he reign!!

• I refer of course to the Life Academy (or house, if you prefer).

• I would hazard a guess and say as little as £250 to £350 and top side £1,550 to £,1650 (maybe two or 3 two players only on top figure) hit or miss this is before any match game win or draw bonuses.

• ok ... i actually do know what one player is on .... and im sure i'll get abuse by refusing to let on too much (so people wont believe me) ... but did some work in one of the players house, no im not saying who, as i wouldnt want him or myself to get into trouble ... all i'll say is he's not one of our 'superstars' but he was foolish enough to leave a pay slip lying around open, anyone couldve seen it .... yes i'll admit, curiosity finally got the better of us and we had a quick peek (didnt need to even touch it to open it) .... and your £250-£350 is way of the mark .... it was considerably more than that

• @HolmerBlue, "i actually do know what one player is on", being the operative words.

• From inside information from the club Hayes is on 2,500 a week our highest earner

• what i was trying to say but didnt want to really was ..... this one player is no where near being a main player for us, but if he's on the money he is .... then the others must be doing pretty nicely thanks very much... not mega rich, but id imagine earning more than the majority of supporters will ..... dont begrudge him or them though, fair play to them, if someone offered me that lifestyle and money id take it :)

• The average lg2 player salary is c40000 per annum. Obviously some will earn more and some less.

• I just wanted to add something to the most pointless thread ever.

I have no idea how much money any Wycombe player earns. I do though think they are earning whatever they get at the moment.

• @DevC said:
    The average lg2 player salary is c40000 per annum. Obviously some will earn more and some less.

That's all the information we need. Talk of who gets what is pointless and potentially damaging to the collective spirit of what appears to be a happy ship. "Need to know" and all that. Best left alone.

• ah the classic "Inside info" has reared its head!

2.5k for Hayes? He's obviously the top earner, but would be surprised if it's that high. 1.5k a week tops.
    Murphy was meant to be on a 1k a week, and we shipped him as he wasn't giving enough for that. And he was well up the pay scale, near the top. So wouldn't make sense to be lashing 2.5k a week even for the captain.

• @micra . Is that exhaust or inlet manifold ?

• Ha! I had in mind the "many and varied" definition. Borderline biblical!

• Thanks RITM, no pointless thread is ever completely pointless until we have had your input.

• No problem @Ed_ . Only shame is it didn't finish the thread off.

• @DevC said:
    The average lg2 player salary is c40000 per annum. Obviously some will earn more and some less.

Thanks for explaining to us thickies what average means

• Nearly everyone has an above (mean) average number of legs.

• @wycombe28forever if he is then he's worth every penny!
    I heard that our player budget is around £1.3m and I think we have 19 pros - that would make an average of around £68K pa each.
    The Luton player referred to by @OX66 is probably Mikail-Smith who managed to earn +£2m in wages over 3 seasons at Brighton. Just one example of how an average player (at best) can end up as a millionaire - crazy.

• @frijidpink I think your sums are a long way wide of the mark unless they include coaching staff

• Mackail-Smith possibly? And I agree with @Midlander .

• Had a look at the trust figures, and we paid about a million pounds more than that in total to staff.
    Not sure how many staff we have these days though in fairness.

No way 68k is the average for the playing staff. I expect if 1.3m is the sum, then that sum also needs to contain the NI/pension contributions etc