Skip to content

Comments

• Deluded, entitled idiots froth at the mouth over missing out on tickets for their cup final.

• Are WWFC obliged to allocate away fans extra seats in the home areas then ? I appreciate that the reason for not doing so was incorrect (probably because someone in the old bill gave WWFC duff information). It's not like we originally said yes, have another 300, then changed our minds and didn't give them their money back.

• Read like many a gasroom thread of the years.

• Reads like any one of a million conspiracy theory threads on the David Icke forums.

• I don't know what their problem is, they should have pulled their head out their arse and got a ticket when they went on sale rather than waiting till they sold out?!!?!

• I wonder what they make of Mansfield not selling on the gate. We had a good old whinge about that.

• It disgusts me that Horizon are yet to investigate this extremely serious issue

• Now that was a good read! What a bunch of tw*ts. I hope that WWFC have read that and are keeping a sharp eye out for Poxford infiltrators in the FA Stand.

• Hopefully they'll be too irate to notice we've been playing Shergar and Lord Lucan upfront all season.

• Is there any way we can reduce their allocation

• I could be wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me but as I think we only have to give away teams 917 tickets as that represents 10% of ground capacity. 1800 represents 18% so if that is the case what is their problem?

• The thing that bothers me is that no doubt their (ahem) fans will get into the home areas. Our stewards are no better than kids in ill-fitting jackets and will do nowt to get rid of them.
    I remember a few seasons back when some Millwall fans got into the Frank Adams. I've got no problem with a bit of banter and fun mixing fans but these were loud-mouthed sweary tw@ts of the highest order. The stewards did nothing despite complaints from the home fans.
    As I said I don't mind a bit of away fan banter but not at the expense of home fans.

Anyway you got to sympathise with their fans who missed out a bit. Imagine how you would have felt if you had missed the Liverpool game, the Wimbledon game, the Leicester game, the Chelsea game do i need go on?

• The Andy GFC. The reason our stewards are kids is due to the wage offered. Its a wage to them and I do not blame them for wanting to avoid confrontation. That said I have often bought tickets in the "wrong" end, when unable to get tickets through the correct channels. Leicester and more recently Northampton are obvious examples, we have always managed to avoid problems with opposition fans.

• Our stewards are paid regular wages like everyone else

• I'm never too bothered if I'm sat next to a few opposition fans tbh. I find by engaging with them we can usually have a reasonable exchange of views, a bit of banter and can part on cordial terms. As long as they don't get too enthusiastic if their team scores of course!

• I think it shames football that opposition supporters are considered unable to sit/stand alongside each other without the threat of violence. I'd be all for unsegregated areas where people who aren't complete dicks can go and watch the game together

• Quite right eric_plant, football lost something when you couldn't stand next to opposition fans and have a bit of banter with them. There will be exceptions but I suspect the majority of our home games (this may however exclude Oxford) could quite safely be unsegregated.

• With our history we should have more tolerance to unsegregated areas than most clubs. Our more mature supporters will all have enjoyed many a game stood with other fans.
    I've no problems being sat next to like minded away fans and gave done at various points every season. Indeed I spoke to Wycombe fans who enjoyed the Millwall game from the home end by choice.

But I can't tolerate abuse and idiotic behaviour and sadly some people don't tone this down. The Luton home game last year was a case in point. Two absolute idiots in the Woodlands stand who were causing trouble through there actions. They were Luton fans and made that fact very known. They were removed but to be honest it was the actions rather than the allegance that caused this. If they had been Wycombe fans I hope the same action would be taken.

All the theory and thought is great but I do fear that a few Oxford idiots might let themselves down next weekend. Let's face it. It's happened before

• I went to watch Oxford City v Ebbsfleet in the Trophy yesterday. Crowd of 500 including some 200 from Fleet. No segregation, no trouble, plenty of singing, lots of (often very funny) banter. Even City manager Justin Merritt got involved at one point. I never want us to go back to non league but there's a world of football at that level that is so special in this respect. Fantastic game too btw, including possibly a contender for goal of the season.

• Would you want to stand or sit next to a Bristol Rovers yob?

• Of course not @mooneyman but I think the deciding factor is the yob rather than the Bristol Rovers part.

I wouldn't want to sit or stand next to a Wycombe yob either.

• @MindlessDrugHoover
    Oxford City's progress, despite existing on meagre gates could come to an alarming end.

Oxford City FC director Thomas Guerriero resigns due to 'ill health' after $6.6m fraud charges http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/14142199.Oxford_City_FC_director_Thomas_Guerriero_resigns_due_to__ill_health__after__6_6m_fraud_charges/?ref=twtrec

• Same old jumped up Pox. Were there incidents of note at last season's home game? I just remember being wet and a bit miserable. Spoke to a few Pox fans in the Hobgoblin after the game. Like the majority, they couldn't help but tell me all about their glorious past.

• @williwycombe - just mention the words 'Robert', 'Maxwell' and 'print workers' pensions'

• Dunno what they're so worked up about, last time we went to their place there was an entire stand missing. Questions should be asked about where this stand was and who hid it.

• There are always Oxford fans in the Beechdean and they always seem to be totally surprised to be asked by the stewards to move after shouting and cheering for their team!

• I think if you can't sit/stand next to an opposing fan without having a ruck, you should be banned from attending football for life. Sadly all this segregation and and home and away fans separated in bars etc sends out the message that animosity is natural, when in fact these measures are only needed for one or two games a season