Skip to content

Villa game moved to 12.45 for TV

Good news! £144k for the club!

Comments

• Now let's hope it sells out.

• Cue lots of "great, I can now go" and "bollocks, I can't go" comments coming through!

• Is the 144k just wycombe's share of the TV money...or are you including prize money as well?

• £144k for TV, £67k for winning I believe

• £144k per club so thats nice!

uninspiring choice of games from a neutral perspective, exeter v liv nobrainer, us OK fine - perm anyone of about three, tot v leic OK understandable but MAn U and Chelsea at home to lg1/2 opposition. Dull dull dull.

• Really pleased about this. Good money for the club and the match is still on a Saturday afternoon, albeit 12:45. The Man United game is an odd choice, ok I guess they have plenty of fans who'll want to watch, but there's very little of interest for the neutral I'd have though?

• It's a little know bylaw that requires all Man Utd games to be shown on TV

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/17/manchester-united-cambridge-fa-cup

Quite a remarkable record. 10 years of live games.

• Most sensible folk were predicting this whilst Dev was opting for Doncaster v Stoke!!!!!

Still, if you throw enough balls at enough coconuts, eventually you're going to go home with a goldfish. He'll be right about something one day I'm sure of it

• In the mid nineties Tommy Boyd was a presenter on Talk radio (later to become talk sport). He would either player devil's advocate, or to make outrageous statements to maximise calls. eg One of his rants was Elvis Presley, Great actor, terrible singer, eventually these topics got quite tiresome.
    But DevC, still seems to get a bit of a thrill by following the same structure as Mr Boyd, to see how many gasroom bites he can get.

p.s. Dont have Devc as a coconut man, but more of him whipping his little rod out to upturn a numbered duck !!

• This is the best news the club has had in a long time. It's just what we needed going into the New Year.

That signing of Micheal Harriman has proved a master stroke.

• @ChasHarps - dirty beast.

• is the tv revenue correct ? I hope it is..

• £144,000 for each team, this is on the FA website...Great payday for the club!

• Televised Matches that is!

• And a replay at Villa Park will get us even more money.

• I'll settle for a win and a good draw in the fourth round!!

• Draw, then away win. Fill them coffers.

• That's what i was thinking.

• edited December 2015

Did anyone noticed the lack of a Woody in the Villa side. Aston Villa's Hutton among others, trotted back with not a care in the World to get the !@$# back and defend the second Arsenal goal.

If we have our game face on, Villa are there for the taking.

COYB's Tuesday and see you'all at Oxford match.