Skip to content

Match day thread: Millwall

Comments

• I think that's as strong a starting XI as we can field at the moment. Let's hope we can play out of our skin and produce an upset. COYB

• I'm feeling it.

• Great first half from the lads, completely dominant, just missing a goal. Great chances for O'Nien, Harriman, and most of all Holloway, who screwed just wide.

• Superb just need to convert the chance and this is done and dusted

• Millwall won't play that badly second half. One of the best halves of football we have played all season. Should be at least 1 nil up.

• All's forgiven. Well done Hayes. Keep it up lads.

• Absolutely fantastic. Well deserved, if not for our second half display then certainly for the first.

A great way to bounce back from a three nil loss and fabulous to see both playing and management staff enjoying the final whistle along with a vocal travelling support.

A quick mention for the referee who tried to play advantage but rightly took the game back for a foul on Harriman, which subsequently led to the goal.

Millwall were utterly rubbish.

• We rose to the occasion, Millwall didn't. And there you go.

Real skill from Holloway, pumping work-rate from Harriman. Pierre very powerful today and Sido coped very well with Fred (and everything else).

Well done all and a day to remember.

• Well, what a match. Certainly the best the Blues have played this season and, actually, I can't think of any performance last season that topped it either.

Amadi-Holloway was fantastic - great at holding the ball up, great distribution, good intelligent play, should've scored in the first half, did in the second (surely that wasn't off-side?!). Thoroughly deserves a run in the team after that performance - a motivated AAH could be the difference this squad needs.

Big shout outs too for Bloomfield and Wood, both at their incisive and battling best today. McCarthy is destined for the very top, O'Nien and Jombati also very impressive.

But the biggest praise to Ainsworth for letting his team play the way we all knew they could - quick passes, balls to feet, clever little runs, great use of the channels. Much, much more of this please.

• Well done lads, that was a great day at the office ..... more of that please ..

• Thanks WWFC a great day out. A good team performance. Dominated the first half and should have been in front at the break. Holloway was very good but should have scored. Bloomfield had his best game for a long time. Wood had a shocker, but to be fair he didnt hide and kept battling and closing down. Great atmosphere, well done all the fans.

• pierre turned into messi for the winner

• @Fit2drop - Disagree about Wood. He's the same player as Blooms, lacking any real end finesse but will run until he's limping off - and today's match shows that sometimes that what you really need.

With our budget, stature, league position etc we aren't going to bring in technically brilliant players who can move the ball smoothly round every time, which is why we have to play long - if they run like they did today though, I don't really mind.

• The key thing for me will be extending Harriman's loan until the end of the season. He is by far our best player.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    The key tying for me will be extending Harriman's loan until the end of the season. He is by far our best player.

So he should be for a Championship player.

• Does that matter? He plays for us and I would like him to continue to do so. Also, he has little exposure to Championship football over the last two seasons.
    He is however, a very good player for WWFC and his current loan expires in January.

• I think it is just as important to extend McCarthy's loan. He is pure class.

• It would be a great piece of business to get Harriman for the rest of the season. Vital in fact.

• I must be hearing things...I am sure I heard Harriman talking about his 'season long loan'in the Vere suite last week. Big shout for Matty B today, simply awesome and just rolled the years back. Newcastle United away for me next...we have won £27000 so far but a win in the third round would bring in £67500!!!!

• A well deserved victory. We were the better team over the 90 minutes and could have added at least one more (one of Holloway's gilt-edged chances in the first half, or the goal chalked off for offside in the second).
    I wasn't at Rovers on Tuesday, but by all accounts we were miles better, and put in a composed and gutsy performance.

• Having seen the goal highlights, why did Archer stay on his line for our first goal? He pretty much let Hayes pick his spot.

I thought this at the time, but from the other end it's difficult to see the angles. I think it even more having seen the highlights. He certainly could have at least come out and spread himself

• The way we split their defence apart for Holloway's chance was a joy to watch. I've watched it back a few times now and it gets better and better. When we resigned Harriman, I was a little dubious because I didn't think he was that great last season for Luton. But this season, he's really excelled. I'm guessing there's no Player highlights for FA Cup games this season? I don't recall seeing extended highlights for round one and there has been nothing so far for yesterday's game.

• Same here, watched the clips a few times, nice to see what we can do on our day. Hope we play this brand more often than not, ofc it depends who we play and who's available, but come on folks, wasn't it better than hoffball, get in their face and irritate the opposition stuff, we have been serving lately.

Thanks for nice weekend without sulking and may we draw a Premier side away. COYB's.

• 650 Chairboys in a crowd of less than 4000 yesterday. That strikes me as a very poor turnout in the home end.

• It's not great numbers, but cup games aren't included in people's season tickets, Xmas is an expensive time of year, Bermondsey is hardly the most flush part of London, and we're not really an appealing draw for the floating fan.

• Having had 24 hours to reflect on yesterdays game I have a couple of thoughts. In reply to prufrock_9. I stand by my words on Bloomfield & Wood.
    On a positive note it was great to hear the reception we gave to Jordan Archer & Fred Od....
    and they both had poor games, this could be the way forward, cheer and applaud our ex player and it wont bite us on the ar5e.
    Looking forward to the draw tomorrow. I dont care who we get out of the hat, can we just replicate that effort, commitment and resolve into our home league form.

• And another think £15 to get in. Thanks Millwall (or the FA) Bargain.

• It felt like more of us than 650 a great effort and maybe it was because it was millwall but the majority seemed to focus on supporting our lads rather than silly jibes at the opposition fans.a nice change for a great result