Skip to content

Vaping

Does anyone know when vaping was banned in the ground and bars at Adams Park? I recently stopped smoking and vape instead and have been told no vaping allowed. Upshot is I will have to stay in Wycombe to have a beer before the match now instead of using Scores. Sad loss of revenue! Also thought we were fan owned, don't recall any discussion or vote on this matter or do fans not have a say???

Poll not found

Comments

• What's vaping ?

• E-cigs

• Vape outside, e-cig vapour contains small amounts of toxicants such as VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds), Nicotine and heavy metals which I would rather not breathe in.

• I suspect a bit of a wind up in this post but I'm going to answer anyway.
      I have no problem with vaping being banned as I expect research to show it to be a health risk in the coming years.

• At least @chairgirl took the trouble to register on this forum earlier this morning to make her point, however tongue (or should I say e-cig) in cheek. Would be good to hear from her on less esoteric matters!

• I think the policy at AP has always been unclear. Last time I asked a steward in the terrace they said it was fine. I have also 'vaped' in the Vere without any comment. However last time I was there I asked at the Vere door, after much discussion and radioing round they decided no. Seems like they decide on the spot!

• Personally, I see it as still smoking and as Right points out I am sure once they have actually done some proper research (after a few million pounds in sales) we may well find out it's just as dangerous!

• Why are you sure about this?!

• Just to make you angry LX1

• You're not sure are you

• Disclosure: Long time reformed smoker who's never vaped.

I guess there could be some hint of a health risk but will it be any worse than breathing in the diesel fumes of the queuing traffic arriving and departing at AP? I doubt it.

Essentially, the anti-smoking lobby are distraught that people have found a way to smoke more safely (1) just at the point where these vindictive sods were even starting to try and ban people smoking in the fresh air!

Unless you walk and cycle everywhere and light your house with Dynamo lamps powered by a roof top wind turbine, you're essentially just being a bit of an arse trying to ban these things.

Personally, I'd rather see a ban on the many fans in the Vere Suite who have not yet discovered the joy of showering daily of purchasing deodorant.

(1)
      https://www.gov.uk/government/news/e-cigarettes-around-95-less-harmful-than-tobacco-estimates-landmark-review

• The point I am trying to make is not is vaping good for you etc but since when has it been banned, who authorised the ban and how much revenue will be lost if vapers cannot use the pubs. Vaping is legal but there are no signs banning vaping and as mentioned, the policy seems to be made up depending who you ask.

• I think it's fair to say there probably isn't a policy as such and it does indeed depend who you ask. By the looks of things that state of confusion is common - https://www.eliquidukstore.com/2015/09/places-e-cigarettes-banned-uk-vaping/
      My suggestion is formally ask the club for a view. If they say it's fine keep a copy of the letter/email to wave in front of anyone who disagrees. If not at least you'll know to stay in town longer

• There is no evidence to suggest that vaping is a health risk. The same can't be said for alcohol which is certainly not in short supply in the Vere. I'm with @Arnos_Grove, the anti-smoking lobby simply don't want people to smoke, even when it's harmless.

• Given the misery that ecigs can prevent and the benefits to the NHS and society as a whole it is a wonder that anyone would want to see them banned. Until you realise how powerful tobacco companies are and how many people have shares in tobacco companies

• @arnos_grove You should know better than to post actual facts backed up with actual sources on this board. How is anyone supposed to get irrationally angry at that post?

As for me, I am a vapist so obviously would prefer it not to be banned, but I also suspect this thread is a wind up given how many pubs also ban it inside.

• Pubs ban it? Incroyable!!

• Having spent 30 years failing to give up and finally succeeding over about 10 years of nicotine gum I cant help wishing e-cigs had been invented a long long time ago.

Are there really any health risks to people near by?

• It can be packed in fairly tight in both the Adams Park stands and the bars. Disregarding health risks entirely, it seems only reasonable that people don't vape when others around them might find the experience unpleasant.

• The point is still being missed. Who decided on the ban? Not members as we have not been asked. Thought we are fan owned.

• @drcongo good job the 'v' and 'r' keys are a fair distance from each other!

• If vaping does become banned, you can go back to smoking proper ol' fashioned baccy with one of these contraptions created by Viz

• @chairgirl That's not quite how fan ownership works. Neither do the fans set the ticket prices or select the team.

• Yes it is. If Wycombe want to put up ticket prices they have to put it to a members vote. That is exactly what being a fan owned club is all about. No members don't pick the team that is the managers job.

• It's not.

• The title fan owned means just that. The members own the club, therefore members make the decisions.

• Did the fans vote in Uncle Ivor?

• Fans own the club,we do not run the club. I'd imagine vaping in the ground would fall under the safety officer and stadium managers remit and we as fans have employed them to ensure we comply with regulations and ensure a comfortable experience for the majority of patrons.

Vaping,whilst not proven to have any passive health risks attached certainly has an anti social aspect and annoys people around the vaper and the various brands and scents would prove very annoying.

Also allowing vapouring in the ground makes it more difficult for stewards to catch real smokers and the health and safety risk attached

Most grounds ban vaping

• This is not a health and safety issue, it is an issue that fans should be asked to vote on. If fans choose to ban vaping, then that is fine so long as fans have the choice. That is the whole pricipal of fan ownership.

• It still isn't.