Skip to content

One Season Wonder

Just me or did anyone else think singing 'I wanna know why you're such a c***' was a bit harsh on Jermaine Easter?

Comments

• I agree. Very harsh. Easter provided me and no doubt others with two of the greatest moments as a Wycombe fan. The winner at Charlton and the equiliser against Chelsea. I will always be thankful to him for those.

Why such a talented player only seems to produce in very small spells at each club he goes to is a worry. If I had half his talent I think I would have been a better and more consistent player. He seems to have got by though and keeps finding clubs and a salary so maybe he's ok with that. Either way it's no business of the moron element of our support in my opinion.

• To be fair we have an absolutely diabolical record for furiously barracking any ex-player or manager regardless of whether they left under a cloud or not. Wasn't at the BR game (thank god) but that chant doesn't surprise me.

• Imagine it was the same gimps who sang the same song about Stuart Beavon at Burton last season. Pathetic, embarrassing and counter-productive.

• I think he realises he made a mistake leaving AP the way he did...but it's been a long time now. Scott Mcleish had similar strop, but got applause when he came back with Orient as I recall...even after scoring their winner!

• Paris got a nice reception when he took the field late on

• Had to explain to my daughter who they were and why the abuse :-) I think she probably saw Easter playing when she was about 8. She then asked if Danny Senda still played for us 'cos his kid brother was in her year at junior school.

This was the first game she's been to for a long time. Unfortunate choice.

• Personally I find this chant pointless, embarrassing and offensive. If you're going to throw abuse at a player at least do it with wit and possibly an element of pantomime humour a la Ken McKenna. I'm sure I'll get flamed by the ' we pay our money' and 'loyal supporter' brigade though. However I believe if they really cared about the club they'd put this moronic chant to bed once and for all.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Imagine it was the same gimps who sang the same song about Stuart Beavon at Burton last season. Pathetic, embarrassing and counter-productive.

My thoughts entirely, it was embarrassing to be in the crowd that day. Much prefer it when we get behind our team rather than winding up individual opposing players with something so obnoxious .

• @Onlooker - Maybe because the "fans" singing it are just a bunch of tw*ts.