Skip to content

Match day thread: Bristol Rovers

Comments

• Love the lightning. LOL!

• edited December 2015

Our team is the most despised in the league. We cheat , play dire football , have a shitty ground in an ugly town. Our supporters are thugs.

• Like you whipped our mighty non league neighbours Chesham United a couple of weeks ago!

• A Bristol Rovers fan accusing another club of cheating is almost unbelievable.

This is the Bristol Rovers who, following their relegation, cost our club thousands of pounds we could ill-afford to spend, on ridiculous, trumped-up, poorly written, nonsense claims. They would have happily seen us go out of business to save their own skin. Their actions were an embarrassment to the majority of their fan-base, and to lower league football in general.

The whole thing makes me sick.

• Us, a shitty ground? That's rich coming from a Rovers fan! If that was the adjective you used for the access to our stadium, then you would at least have a valid point. By the way, which branch of Sainsburys do you use?

• Our supporters are thugs? Which grounds have we tried wrecking like the horse punching knuckle dragging neanderthals from the blue part of Bristol? At Plymouth eaerlier in the season they attacked families in a park after the game,stay classy gas!

• edited December 2015

@Gassssss, but it's my team. In fact a Fan's team.

• Small town near Chesham / We're just a small town near Chesham.

• edited December 2015

@Gassssss my only concern for tonight is when we win, will your chairman try and have the game declared void because we once changed our kit from quarters to halves?

• Are Brizzle still sulking that we wore the quarters first and they didn't get included in the top football shirt poll, I don't know thunder storm in a tea cup why don't they just oh I don't know maybe just 'Live Well for Less'

• @Gassssss

Most of your claims and opinions are purely subjective, even if I disagree with everything you have said.

However, to say our fans are thugs shows you really are blind in your views.

We probably have the best behaved fans in the football league. A solitary banning order last season, and no major crowd trouble incidents for two decades.

On the other hand, Bristol Rovers fans have regularly acted disgracefully in both the Football League and the Conference, whether its attacking goalkeepers, punching horses, invading pitches or fighting outside grounds.

• edited December 2015

2013/14 season, one club had 57 football related arrests, one had 0.
    2014/15 season, one club had 15 football related arrests, one had 1.

I suppose on those stats, Bristol have had a 75% reduction in misbehavior, whereas we've had a 100% rise! Looks like I've got my Sun headline!

(Stats from https://data.gov.uk/dataset/football-banning-orders)

• Drizzle Rovers' arrests only went down last season because so few of their fans could find Welling, Alfreton, Nuneaton or Telford on the map.

• BSEBSE
    edited December 2015

Ingram/Richardson injured maybe?

Edit:
    Then again maybe not think I might have jumped to a conclusion a bit fast there, more than likely no games left during his loan period so might as well get him back.

• Subs tonight: Lynch, Sellers, McGinn, Kretzschmar, Banton, Ugwu, Amadi-Holloway. #BRIvWYC

— Wycombe Wanderers FC (@wwfcofficial) December 1, 2015
  • BSEBSE
    edited December 2015

We are on all 3CR frequencies tonight btw.

• 2 nil down, take stock and go for it.

• 2-0 rovers both free kicks seem to be getting undone by set pieces a lot at the moment.

• Make it 3, why did GA bring Brentford youngsters in and not even put them on the bench? We need numbers at the moment we are in dire need of quality

• Jesus wept.

• You going to get a shot on target lads?

• Looks a very poor second half. Miss Beano tremendously - and JJ of course. No point having those Brentford blokes if they can't contribute. Sadly there are a few WWFC players who struggle to play 2 games in a week - Wood and Bloomers in particular look absolutely shot. Hayes brings quality but again tires. At present we seem to play a mad pressing game in the first 45 minutes but just can't sustain it and get undone in the second half.

• GA needs to start holloway on sunday - what's the point in constantly bringing him on 10 mins too late

We've been unlucky tonight though because those rovers scumbags got two lucky free-kicks from them complaining to the ref and then our heads just dropped

No better place to bounce back though than at the shithole that is the den

• Expecting them to clean up the mess!

• Very disappointing tonight, but our defensive strength that we base our game on is going to suffer when we are missing so many important players and having to constantly shuffle and play people out of position.

Good chance to give Hayes or Thompson (or both) a rest on Saturday and give Holloway some decent game time. Just hope he makes the most of the opportunity if it arises.
    Sounds like Bloomers was suffering towards the end so maybe Rowe could be given a shot at DM instead.

Not sure why the clamour for the Brentford two. From GA's quotes when they signed they're obviously here to provide backup to the squad (not the first eleven) and aren't likely to suddenly force their way in ahead of experienced professionals.

• I forgot we are playing Millwall on Saturday. Perhaps Gareth was saving players legs...

• eimajcameron "shithole that is the den" intimidating yes, but a good ground. Every football fan should go at least once.

• edited December 2015

Our pressing game is a tough cookie to pull off, every game and with the amount of games coming up with our squad, they did their best.

The Gas manager, noticed the stalemate and switched from 3/5/2 to a 4/4/2, after the second half, thus broke the dead lock and the camels back.