Skip to content

Comments

• Not sure I agree with all your statements vital.

• edited November 2015

Summed it up, quite elegantly, but I still wonder how certain player justifies a starting lineup having not done very much in the last 3 games, I can bet on Tuesdays lineup if Harriman is only suffering cramp. Oops forgot Pierre picked up another Yellow (5th card).

I wonder if GA gets allergic reaction when he makes substitutions as the last 30 mins we where under the cosh and NOTHING going foward whats so ever and yet still we made no changes.

Well earned point nevertheless.

• Really enjoyable game and thought most of our outfield players looked on reasonable form bar the odd missed pass and the occasional comical defending. But I am starting to worry about Ingram. His confidence appears to have gone a bit and I wonder if that is starting to play on the defenders minds s bit.

Thought for most of the game apart from the first and last 10 minutes of the second half we looked the better team.

• Apart from the goal, which was a fantastic run, I genuinely cannot think of another thing that Thompson did.

He seems to need 5 chances to score a goal.

• Strewth, 8/10 for Bloomfield is a touch generous!

• GA needs to start making substitutions that can change the game. That is his current downfall - it should come with experience, but it needs to happen fast as it is starting to cost us points.
    Thomo is doing fine - 5 goals so far so should finish with 12-15 this season which is better than most in recent seasons!
    Ingram cost us 2 points at AFC and 2 points yesterday. He simply does not command his box.

• Agree the game was crying out for subs the last 30 min. Don't no what he expects from holloway in 10 min, looked like he was told to defend as I saw AAH telling the others to stay back.

• Ridiculous to suggest that Ingram cost us two points yesterday. The fault for the first goal was lack of communication in the back four with Pierre and Stewart stepping up and McCarthy playing them all inside, and for the second was leaving the man completely unmarked at the corner. Neither of those was Ingram's error. Ingram remains one of our best players.

• I wasn't at the game yesterday, but having seen the goals in tv, I'm not sure how he "cost us 2 points". He was blameless for both. The second goal he could've kept out on another day, but it was a bullet, unmarked header, from close range. If he had kept it out, we'd all be raving about what an incredible save it was, sadly for us his luck was out and it squirmed in. Certainly no blame could be attached to Ingram though, it's the defenders we'd have to ask questions of there.

• Just watched the second goal again, corner comes in Ingram makes tenative steps to come, the markers then inexplicaly stop, Ingram goes back, Webster has free header, heads it down at Ingram who then makes a hash of it.
    I'm afraid Ingram's uncertainty on any cross or corner continues to unsettle the back four.

• Ingram is an excellent first/second division keeper. However, he wiil never get to the next level unless he toughens up and learns to be more positive in coming out and taking charge of the situation at corners/free kicks etc, after all he is a big enough unit.

• @FrijidPink Ingram is not as strong on set pieces as I'd like. But then how often do you see a keeper at this level really dominate the area in that situation? It was a completely free header, which the outfield players must take responsibilit for. Likewise, we messed up the offside trap on the first.

Last week Ingram could have done better with the bouncing ball, but it was undoubtedly a foul that led to the ball being dropped.

• Defenders should defend corners, regardless if Ingram decides to come for it or not. Did he scream at his team for them to leave it, I doubt it.

Ingram is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. 3x Centre halfs on the field, get to the cross first and put some purchase on the end of it. Especially if we know Ingram's minor weaknesses are set pieces then protect me. Simples.

• With 2 of the back four playing out of position and one only back a few weeks ago following serious injury, there are bound to be hesitancies and misunderstandings and I sincerely hope that JJ's back recovers quickly. Having said that, I should add that I am a great fan of Sido despite the occasional tendency to indulge in fancy footwork when a hoof upfield might be the better option. He apparently disliked being asked to play left back at Cheltenham and, if I am right about Pierre being suspended for Tuesday's match, presumably McCarthy will switch to centre back, Jombati back to right back and Woody left back. We'll see.

• More likely a back four of Sido, Stewart, McCarthy and Rowe I'd have thought, although how they'll line up is anyone's guess

• @Chris - I meant the goal away at AFC not Portsmouth's first goal.

• @Wycombe85 - It went through his legs! and he should have come out to meet the cross.

• That was a good game! Harriman an absolute legend. Our two goals were excellent and the performance showed what we can do when we play largely on the floor! First Pompey goal was down to the back four playing them onside and second was poor defending of the corner...though GA claimed the ref stopped our players 'getting in amongst them' to mark. If Ingram WAS at fault for either...which I am not so sure about...he redeemed himself with some excellent stops. A point against one of the 'big clubs' in the division not to be sniffed at. Let's hope we can do the business against Rovers and County to keep pressure on the play-off places!

• I agree about subs. We needed some fresh legs for the last 20 minutes I thought.