Skip to content

Match day thread: Portsmouth

Comments

• Neither of the 2 new loan players on the bench,very strange as we've only got 6 subs.

• Ugwu's back on the bench so there are 7 this week.

• Just realized i can't count!

• Awesome game by the boys. Plus Woody is having a blinder (non stop harrying and good play in all round). So says how much I know.

• A fair result and a good game to watch. For me the star was the referee who had a superb match-missed nothing and allowed the game to flow.

• Strangely happy with the result. Very enjoyable, Pompey fans helped with a great atmosphere. 2 strange goals our 1st what was their keeper thinking? Pompey 1st as I saw it Pierre went walk about. Was a great shame had we got in at half time 2-0 I think we would have won. No man of the match for me, it was a real team performance.

• Harriman was absolutely outstanding. Fantastic delivery from the right.

Extremely enjoyable game and a fair result.

Two defences playing high lines meant lots of space in behind. Led to an end to end game.

• Fair play to Pompey. Great fightback and in the end I'm glad we got a point. What fantastic support!

• Good game today - thought Pompey looked a good side, on the attack especially. Good noise from their fans, but sadly an almost deathly silence from the Terrace for a lot of the game.
    Harriman was outstanding, so much energy and non-stop running - great bombing forward but so much defensive work as well, he helped McCarthy out a lot in the second half especially. Really hope he's okay for Tuesday - was there any news in the Q&A after the game?
    Shame that Pierre got booked so late on - will be interesting to see how GA reshuffles the defence for Tuesday. Will he just slot Rowe in, or move McCarthy across and pull Harriman back? Or move Jombati back across and Wood back to LB?

• Portsmouth were as poor as I've seen for a long while in the first 25 mins but improved a lot after the break. Maybe the strong breeze helped them by encouraging the ball on the floor.
    Thought we did OK and deserved at least a draw. Enjoyed the game.

• The goal before half-time seemed to come as a result of us dropping deep, not keeping up the pressing and generally looking leggy. It was a shame as going in 2-0 up would have seen us come out on the front foot again rather than waiting for the inevitable Pompey onslaught.

In the end 2-2 wasn't a bad result by any stretch, if anything I thought Pompey were a bit better than us overall and would have been good value to just sneak the win.

• @ReadingMarginalista I'm not sure we'd dropped deep. The 1st Pompey goal, much like our second, came from the defence holding a high line and failing to execute the offsie trap.

• Most certainly hadn't dropped deep!

• @Fidget - hadn't read your post elsewhere when I wrote the bit above . We should be joint managers.

• @Fidget - I am not fit to be anything! I meant my post above and yours elsewhere.

• @Fidget - yours above. Kinnell, senility.