Skip to content

Comments

• Default 1-1 position again Vital! Don't blame you though, that's my feeling, though unsure where our goal is going to come from? AAH or Pierre last minute scramble in the box?

• Don't knock the predictions!

The last two have been spot on including the historic 1-0 at Yeovil, a brave prediction if ever there was one!

• A win tomorrow would be fantastic. Fingers crossed!

• Agreed Wendoverman but a point wouldn't be too bad against a decent side.

• I'm aiming high Robin...first footy I've been able to get to since Carlisle and as I cannot make midweeks I'm hoping for an adrenalin rush and three points!

• We just need to replicate our away form at home.. It baffles me that we are consistently better away from home.

• I can't recall the article but there was a decent piece in the national press either last season or the season before saying that away wins were becoming far more common across the English divisions as many sides were focusing on a counter-attacking game at the expense of more entertaining attacking football.

I haven't looked at the stats but I remember the Sanchez era (before it went tits up) being the last time that we actually claimed Adams Park was a fortress. The Gormania era was clearly the reverse, whereby teams would just set up to frustrate us at AP and it would generally work...before they worked out they could do it at home and that would work too.

• Woody and McCarthy where excellent today. Endless running and tracking back. Woody also there or there abouts around the last 3rd and unfortunate not score with a one two with Hayes and tremendous save by Pompey keeper.

Why we don't make subs is beyond me. It took everyone and his dog to persuade GA that Harriman was spent and finally to make it very clear, Harriman laid on his back.

The lads bust their gut out there today and the game in the last 30 minutes was crying out for subs to come on as Pompey applied pressure among pressure, 1st substitution in the last 10 mins and a forced one at the end. Anyway well done lads, worthy point and an entertaining game.

• Got to agree about the subs cider...Kretch and AAH could have made a better contribution if given a bit more time on the pitch I think.