Skip to content

Pick your favourite current WWFC player to watch

edited November 2015 in Football

If you could only pick one...

Poll not found

Comments

• That's a good question. I've made it to a feeble 1 game this season for reasons too dull to go into, but I think from my experience of watching him, probably Jombati. Hayes is also up there, for his link-up play and vision.

Looking forward to see O'Nien in full flight shortly.

• Probably between Lynch and Banton

• Barry Richardson has never had a bad game for us

• I must say I've enjoyed Gaz's performances over the last few seasons too.
      Really excelled at Wealdstone away last season.

• Chris Carruthers never had a bad game for us either, to be fair.

• Aaron Pierre

• Jombati for me. He has the most incredibly bendy legs that allow him to do something you rarely see defenders at this (maybe any?) level do, which is to stand behind an attacker who is about to receive the ball, swing a leg right around him and nick it off his toes before he can touch it. There's a lovely example in the Yeovil highlights on Player, but sadly not in the YouTube highlights.

Bit surprised that Holloway isn't even in the list of options up top too.

• Holloway was an odd ommision from the list. Space restrictions?

• Jombati for me, as he is that rare thing - a genuinely mercurial player.

• If you'd asked this at the end of last season then I'd have gone for Holloway without a seconds hesitation (assuming he was on the list...).
      I almost went for Other as I'm still hoping he'll hit that form again. Hopefully in a couple of weeks time he'll have found his mojo and I can then happily select him.

• Jombati for me has been most entertaining to watch though I would like to see Sellers start a game to be able to give a proper answer and opportunity of including him in the list

• I would nominate JJ...never gives up, get's loads of kicking and still seems to play with a smile on his face. (Honorary mentions for Pierre, Hayes and Sido!)

• JJ closely followed by Pierre and Harriman

• JJ what a great player ...

• Holloway is the most entertaining to watch, for such a big lad he can get himself through 4 or 5 players on his own, has a great touch and a powerful strike. I firmly believe he is our '20 goal a season' striker but he does need to work on being able to start a game and be effective from the off. Highlight for me (although a sour one) was at Wembley when he barged his way through Southend's defence, only for his decision making to let him down & Plymouth couldn't handle him in the playoffs.

• Undoubtedly for me is AAH. If O'Nien and Kretch could play alongside him, I think that quartet will get a bag full of goals and assists.

Understand it's League 2 but every striker needs good quality service to do what's expected of them, nevermind their defence duties getting back and forming our defence shield.

• I should have added Harriman to my honorable mentions...when he is playing on the right of midfield he looks a really exciting player...