Skip to content

Adams Park 25 year quiz

As you may well know its 25 years since Wanderers moved to Adams Park.
Can you name a player who trod on the Adams Park Turf that season and is still
playing at senior level against some of the same opposing teams that he faced
back in 1990/91 season ???

Comments

• Liam Tack plays at Flackwell Heath and was a penalty taker at half time.

• As was Ashley Smith who was in the Chesham side that beat Bristol Ravers in the cup last week.

• Take that back wrong about Liam he is only 21/22

• Incorrect, This player played in a competertive game ie League, FA cup, FA Trophy game that season.

• LX1LX1
    edited November 2015

John Motson?

• Barry Hayles?

• No, A clue 2, He made more than one solitary appearence at Adams Park that season.

• Ed_Ed_
    edited November 2015

Given that even a teenager prodigy back then would be in his 40's by now, I'm going to say it's a goalkeeper. Is it Chuck?

• Its not chuck !!

• I think it's Paul Bastock, playing for Dunstable Town now

• Well done Mr Wig !! Paul Bastock still playing at 45 he played against us 4 times that season with Boston utd
    He actually played against us the previous season for Fisher, but didnt play in the game at Loakes Park.
    Im still looking to see if there is anyone who played at loakes park either for or against that is still playing senior football.

• According to Wikipedia Bastock didn't sign for Boston until 92.

I only checked because I remember that in the Boston cup replay which we won 4-0 (the one where there were about 10,000 in the ground and the crowd was announced as 4 something) they had a really young keeper and he was getting so much stick from the valley terrace that he was almost in tears. I don't remember it being Bastock

• Bloody hell, it appears your right. I was behind the packed goal that night, and all these years its been etched in my mind that Bastock was in goal.
    But it appears it was the then highly rated England Semi pro keeper John Mckenna in goal, who was 28 at the time.
    Bastock was at Kettering at the time, but i dont think he played that season at Adams Park.

• I seem to remember it being a young lad. Funny how the memory plays tricks.

I'd love to know how many were actually in the crowd that night. You literally couldn't move behind that goal

• It was an amazing atmosphere/crowd. I remember dashing between turnstiles as they wouldn't let any more in. I ended up crushed in at what is now the away end. Comparing it with the Slough game a couple of years later I reckon there must have been at least 8500 in there. At a time when it was restricted to 6000. I'm sure there were people who didn't get in. So an official crowd of 4500 ish did make me laugh.

• I just wonder what it would take now for the club to capture the imagination of the town and surrounding area again, like it did in those days. Will we ever see its like again, or are circumstances so different now, that it probably wouldn't ever happen?

• Good quiz Chas.