Skip to content

Comments

• So that's another club where it hasn't worked out for him, despite his talents. I wonder if he will have another chance to become Wycombised or if we've seen the last of him.

• I imagine he'll go out on loan again maybe even to a Conference club, unless something has happened we don't know about i'll be surprised if Ainsworth picks him especially in a starting XI.

• Plymouth didnt want him - now top of the league.
    Mid table Wycombe dont want him
    Lowly Hartlepool dont want him
    Hard to see where he goes from here. If he is a decent lad behind the scenes, let him see out his contract, if he is a pain in the proverbial pay him off and get rid now.

Every signing is a gamble, especially given WWFc financial position, Wont win them all. Didnt win this one it would appear.

• Agreed Dev, can't win them all. At least we made a good profit on the last Plymouth reject.

• If Banton is a bad egg, Gaz doesn't have the luxury of making him train with the 'stiffs' or youth team, as we have neither.
    Im not sure we are in a position to be paying anyone off either, Perhaps Banton will realise, he really is in the 'last chance saloon' and starts to knuckle down and finally fulfill his potential.

• Obviously none of us know what is really up with the lad. Whether he is a bad apple with an attitude or simply a lost soul in need of an arm around his shoulder. Clearly he has ability and I hope for his sake that he takes a breath and does now what he needs to do for his career and future. Don't be the guy playing for Brackley Town telling people how he used to play league football and blaming everyone else for his shortcoming.

I also noticed from his Twitter feed that someone wished him well with his injury.

• Surely everyone wants him to do well, whether it is with us or somewhere else. I hope he does get another chance.

• Yes let's hope he does do well. Don't no why people are assuming he has a bad attitude.

• Because of his multi-club record, I suppose: but I have seen little glimpses of real quality from him, on the odd occasion, this season and I sincerely hope he can get it together and show us what he can really do. There is little doubt that we sorely need the quality and creativity which he might be able to offer.

• edited November 2015

A player with his self-confident attitude was always liable to rub up against Ronnie Moore, who hasn't shied away from calling wingers like Banton 'cheats' in the press previously.
    Hopefully the penny will drop with Banton that his professional career is on borrowed time and now is the time to get his backside in gear.

• I suppose we have to hope (a) that he has had his loan cut short because of injury (b) that, if so, he makes a swift recovery and (c) that he knuckles down and starts to fulfil his undoubted potential - preferably with Wycombe because it's going to be all hands to the pumps for the rest of the year.

• I agree, also we should urge all to stop the negative supposition/assumption that he is the rotten apple in the barrel. None of us really know and posting negative comments about him, (that may be entirely wrong), can only have a counteractive outcome. Let's not kid ourselves, some of the opinions on here do get back to the players. I feel that we should encourage a more positive approach to the support of all the players. Some are better than others no doubt, that's nature. Surely we should be more supportive of the players who are not as good/out of form? Banton is at the moment an "asset" of the club, whilst drawing wages. Constant adverse comments can only suppress the chances of improving his form and turning an asset into a liability, the last thing this club needs.