Skip to content

Ex-player news: Peter Murphy injury/health update

An update on Peter Murphy's injury/health was published on the Morecambe FC website yesterday: http://www.morecambefc.com/news/article/murphy-injury-update-2799095.aspx

I hadn't realised that he had had complications following his knee injury. I wish him well in his recovery.

Comments

• That actually sounds quite serious but glad to see he's on the mend. Sobering to note that treatment for footballing injuries can have knock-on effects on an individual's overall health.

• Also really good to see such an honest and complete update from the club obviously keen to keep fans updated. Maybe Wyc could follow suit with regular injury updates ?

• Not sure that we wouldn't do the same under similar circumstances. This clearly goes way beyond a footballing injury and was potentially life-threatening.

• Best of luck to him! That sounds horrible.

• Best wishes to Murph, awful news for him and his family. I hope he picks up soon. Really Frijid...using this thread for a dig at the club? Do you really not think if something like that happened AND THE PLAYER WAS HAPPY FOR IT TO BE PUBLIC...that WW would not have done the same? How much vital information on injuries are the club keeping from you?

• Had to Google Pulmonary Embolism, which is caused by a blood clot in the legs.

Wish Murphy and his family all the best and a speedy recovery.

• A plumonary embolism is a blockage in the artery carrying blood from the heart to the lungs. It is always serious and can be fatal. In this case it appears to have been caused by a blood clot in the legs making its way round the body to the pulmonary artery but it doesnt have to start in the legs and it isn't really the legs that are the problem.

• or even pulmonary

• They can be serious but are usually easily treated. Something I come across very often.

• If caught in time, indeed can usually be treated. if not caught in time can result in serious damage or death.

• Best wishes to the lad, hope he recovers quickly.