Skip to content

Luke v Josh

Now that Luke has settled into the team I really do think that he is turning into a first-class central midfielder and possibly the equal of Josh.
Technically I think he about as good as we had for years - the first goal was a deliberate flick to Tommo - but now he getting end product into his game he is turning into the missing creative piece we were looking at someone such as Sam Saunders (back in the Brentford team Saturday) to fill. Can we hang onto him I guess would be the only question.

Comments

• A long way to go to be the equal of Josh. He's a decent enough player, but he doesn't run the game in the same way that Scowen used to. Maybe in a couple of years!

• At the mo it's still Josh for me, but I do really rate Luke been superb the last few games.

• Josh all day, but Luke is making big strides and is now instrumental in our attacking approach alongside Hayes.

Still believe we need a creative midfielder who can take a player on and put needle passes behind the opposition and hit our front men will real service like Luke did against non-league Halifax, but these types of players reside in the upper echelons of the FA Pyramid unfortunately.

• funny how McGinn has become a forgotten man, could be this seasons Peter Murphy (without the impressive start)

• I don't think Luke and Josh are the same kind of player at all and I don't see how you can really compare them. I agree that Josh could could control a game and was an absolute terrier in breaking up the oppostion play. But in the last two games we've seen a goal and three assists from Luke the like of which I don't think we ever saw from Josh. He's turning into one of those players who seems to have an instinctive knowledge of where his team mates are; the cross-field ball to AAH for the final goal on Saturday was one Steven Gerrard would have been proud of. And he virtually had his back to Tommo for the first flick on. So I don't say he's better or worse than Josh, they're different; if we could have a midfield of the two of them we'd be laughing as I think they would complement each other even better than Luke and the Bean.

• Gerrard would have been proud of any cross field ball that managed to stay on the pitch

• edited November 2015

@perfidious_albion said:
    funny how McGinn has become a forgotten man, could be this seasons Peter Murphy (without the impressive start)
    @Wig_and_Pen said:
    I don't think Luke and Josh are the same kind of player at all and I don't see how you can really compare them. I agree that Josh could could control a game and was an absolute terrier in breaking up the oppostion play. But in the last two games we've seen a goal and three assists from Luke the like of which I don't think we ever saw from Josh. He's turning into one of those players who seems to have an instinctive knowledge of where his team mates are; the cross-field ball to AAH for the final goal on Saturday was one Steven Gerrard would have been proud of. And he virtually had his back to Tommo for the first flick on. So I don't say he's better or worse than Josh, they're different; if we could have a midfield of the two of them we'd be laughing as I think they would complement each other even better than Luke and the Bean.

Endorse and agree, both have different styles of play and as long as Luke can continue how he does his business they better. Luke's link up play and service was awesome to the forwards.

Quality stuff.