Skip to content

Oxford City's goalkeeping problems

Don't know if anyone else here takes any notice of Oxford City but as they're the nearest club to me I go and watch as much as I can. In the last 5 weeks they've had their keeper sent off four times, the latest being Ali Aksoy on Saturday after he came in on a one-game loan to cover the suspensions of their other keepers. That must be some kind of record. I seem to remember us having three different keepers sent off in one season back in the mid-90s, including the mighty Sieb Dykstra.

And on the subject of City, their young striker Adi Yussuf might be worth a look - 10 goals in 18 games, albeit at Conference North Level. Only 23 and out of contract at the end of the season. Think he was at Burton for a while as a teenager.

Comments

• I saw on the back cover of the Oxford Mail or whatever it's called, that Yussuf is being monitored by quite a few professional clubs.

• I wouldn't be surprised, he seems to have a natural eye for goal as well as plenty of pace. I'd like to think we're one of those clubs watching him. A certain Jermaine McSporran didn't seem to struggle with the move up from that level.

• It would be fantastic to pick up a 20 goal a season striker from right under Oxford United's nose too.