Skip to content

Comments

• excuse my language, but fucking get in

• Weird how he describes it as a 'full competitive fixture'!?!

• Micky Brooks famous words will be put to the test, "Our Dugouts are not bigger enough" .

• Not sure the match is really necessary given that if Halifax goes to a replay we will have three consecutive midweek matches following this game. Super Gaz knows what he's doing though.

• I imagine it's very much needed for cashflow reasons. Without this and any Halifax replay it would have been an awfully long time since we played a home game by the time the Portsmouth match comes about

• Let's hope Steve Evans doesn't get his hands on the gate money, and Hayes anywhere near the squad!

• Why could't it be on Saturday afternoon (when most people would be able to make it along, as per normal, without cocking up a Friday night)?

• LX1LX1
    edited November 2015

Not sure, it also clashes with the England game which is on Friday night

• yeah, that is a bit daft really

• I imagine LUFC specified when they would be available to play the game. Doubt we had a lot of choice (apart from not playing at all).

After Evans comments last year about Danny Rowe and Gareth Ainsworth, seems there is a bit of a love-in developing between Evans and Ainsworth. Which while it might be useful is frankly a distubing image.

• Still mysterious why Leeds would want to play on Friday night

• Chuffed? My guess is that the only reason we are playing Leeds is BECAUSE he supports them!

• Gaz is also good friends and ex-teammates with Paul Raynor who is Evans' side kick which played a big part in the Rowe deal and I imagine this friendly

• The official site describes this as a 'prestigious fixture!'

• It's a bit weird isn't it? Steve Evans describing it as a 'full competitive fixture,' when it's obviously not, and now, on the same night when England are playing we're charging 10 quid to see us play a team we were recently in the same division as.

I wonder if Leeds are helping us cover the expenses of stewarding and the policing that TVP may very well insist on? If not surely the whole thing would have been better off behind closed doors?

• LX1LX1
    edited November 2015

On the ticket page it turns into an 'exhibition match.' Superb!

Steve Evans: "Why don't you tell me what this is all about?"

Garreth Ainsworth: "Our football match has been taken a little out of our hands.
    It has been decided...
    ...that a German national team will play...
    ...a combined team from the prisoners of war of the occupied territories...
    ...August 15th, at Colombes Stadium in Paris."

• If it had been on Saturday and I could have used my Season Ticket to get in as I will have to miss the Notts replay I might have gone...

• Oh dear, you can't please all the people can you. Maybe they should re-arrange just for @Wendoverman and let him in for nothing. How would letting ST holders in FOC help the clubs coffers?

• @Wendoverman would not be happy unless they paid his travelling expenses and issued him a grovelling apology for the inconvenience from messrs Howard and Ainsworth!

• Oh dear indeed. Sorry for working on week nights and hurting your message board, chaps! I hope its a bumper crowd and the coffers are suitably filled.

• Can't make the trip Friday, can anyone confirm if this fuxture will be available on the Player ?