Skip to content

Alternative live football this coming Saturday

With Wycombe's FA Cup-tie at Halifax taking place on Sunday, local fans may like to take in some live action on Saturday. The clear highlight is the FA Cup-tie at Grosvenor Vale, Ruislip where National League South side Wealdstone take on Colchester. No quarter likely to be given there! Some games to look at (all 3pm):

FA CUP 1ST ROUND PROPER: Wealdstone v Colchester United

NATIONAL LEAGUE SOUTH: Hemel Hempstead Town v Eastbourne Borough

SOUTHERN LEAGUE CENTRAL DIVISION: Beaconsfield SYCOB v Aylesbury United
Chalfont St Peter v Bedford Town

SOUTHERN LEAGUE SOUTH & WEST: Burnham v Bashley
Marlow v Taunton Town

SPARTAN SOUTH MIDLANDS LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION: Berkhamsted v AFC Dunstable (3rd v 1st)

Comments

• I believe I saw a recent tweet from a Wealdstone fan that said they won't be having police or segregation. Gawd help them if that's true. That Essex lot can be pretty brutish.

Chalfont for me if I can find the time. They'll need to improve upon their performance in last Saturday's FA Trophy capitulation in order to get three points against Bedford though.

Andy, a few more to add to the list statting with Penn & Tylers Green's Bluefin Sports Challenge Cup 2nd Round tie at home to Ascot United (KO 1.45pm).

Also, Chalfont Wasps host Headington Amateurs in the Hellenic League Div 1 East at Bowstridge Lane (KO 2.15pm).

Flackwell are another local side at home. They host Highmoor Ibis in a cup match (KO 3pm).

Quick question, please pardon my ignorance. Do teams like P&TG, Chalfont Wasps and Flackwell charge admission fees?!

Fill yer boots!

• You should expect to pay around £6 for Flackwell Heath, as for Penn & Chalfont, I'm unsure, I went for friendlies with no admission charge.

I'll be off somewhere on a groundhop, undecided where though

• Chalfont Waps takes my eye as it's one of my old clubs and still got some old team mates that turn up.to watch.

• Wealdstone all the way!