Skip to content

Paul Hayes - the difference between promotion & relegation?

13»

Comments

• @AlgernonFudgebucket - totally agree with you. Methinks they do protest too much over something which is beyond their (or anyone's) control apart from the management team.

I always feel I have to read comments on here, even though it is often a complete waste of time and, much as I admire @DevC 's well argued contributions, this futile swapping of entrenched opinions about something so inconsequential has become tiresome.

• edited November 2015

When the players get on that pitch they have been given orders, instructions and roles from Gaffer to get a good result.

Whether I like it or not I believe a lot of talented players lose their mojo having to conform to the collective and style of play and things they would like to do, don't do.

Wood is great at doing his job (hurring and tackling), but Sellers for me can do something different so hopefully when Sellers can add the tracking back and get in your face stuff he will kick on.

I want to be entertained and see players taking opposition on, crossing the ball, slick through balls to the player not just anywhere upfield (Bloomfield pass to AAH) and causing havoc in the right areas ofc.

Let's have a go at Halifax tomorrow and given em a thumbing, as we are their Cup Final.

• I see you're at the thumbing again Cider!!

• @micra said:
    I see you're at the thumbing again Cider!!

It's the only way bud. Hopefully we control the game, keep a clean sheet and no silly cards. Like a few goals but considering the conditions let's just boss the game.

• @Ciderk1d - sounds on paper more of a thumping than it actually was, perhaps?

• @micra Was a bit of a thumbing in the end - pace, strength, fitness and quality at the back and front proved decisive in the long run; but we were passed to death in the midfield for most of the afternoon. Disappointing. Still - we remain in the "hat" so the dream lives on for a little while longer.