Skip to content

BBC coverage of FA Cup

Can I just applaude the Beeb on their coverage of the FA cup. The draw tonight was as exciting as you could make, picking balls out of a drum. I meant to write this after the cup final last year, the build up to the final last year felt like the finals of old.

Thank you BBC, and channel 5 you could learn a lot

Comments

• really? I hated it from start to finish. Was akin to watching the dreadful Soccer AM

• The problem is when the BBC move a bunch of games to the Sunday so they can show snippets in between inane chatter, as we had to do last season v Wimbledon. No financial compensation to the clubs involved either.

• Couldn't agree more with Mr plant. Just do the fecking draw. We dont need inane little children exhaling high pitched out of tune versions of "who are yer" at seemingly random intervals and then giggling at their own wit. Aaaggghhh.

• Have the BBC announced which games they will.be showing? Do we think the wycombe game has a chance of being broadcast?

• @Wwfc2015_ it could be, but it will more likely be something like didcot v exeter or maybe even wealdstone v col u

• I thought the draw was great. Taking it out into the community and bringing in the local fans was a stroke of genius and is exactly what the FA Cup is all about. The good humoured nature of the fans added to the occasion, in my opinion.

• Unlikely to be main game (s). Bigger stories could be made from Altrincham v Barnsley (fa cup history), Salford City v Notts co (ex man u players) or Didcot v Exeter (as exeter lost to minnows last year) or Brackley v Newport ("little place you have never heard of put on map by cup") or (God forbid) FC United. Bradford away may bring in reasonable audience from big city. Our game? - well lets be honest neither Halifax nor us are exactly glamarous nor have a recent back story to create interest. Hard to see.

• The BBC are running a documentary on Salford which starts on thursday. If they don't choose their game against Notts County to tie in with that then I'll eat my hat (unless BT sport choose it first)

• I'd also love to see Rovers v Chesham and Wealdstone v Col U

• Rarely have so many words been written with so little information.
    My guess is the BBC will pick a former top flight side (Portsmouth, Blackpool etc.) as they will figure these will get the bigger viewing figures. There's not alot of lower league knowledge used making these decisions.
    Whoever gets picked will be then subjected to a patronising coverage and a stupid kick off time. Let's hope you are correct in your picks.

• I thought I gave a fairly reasonable explanation as to why I thought they'd choose the Salford game Righty. The other two are just the two I'd like to see, no idea if they've got a chance of being chosen

• Hi Eric. The first sentence wasn't really a general comment (I was writing whilst you posted so didn't see it) and I fully agree about Salford. If the BBC miss this self cross promotion I'll be amazed too. The amount of advertising on BBC TV now is almost at Channel Five levels during Don't Pay We'll Take It Away.

• Wow who would have thought it. its Salford on friday night. YAAAWWWNNN.

No announcement yet on the eight Sunday games.

• my hat remains intact

• bt sport are showing fcum v chesterfield on monday night