Skip to content

Monday night match at Beaconsfield SYCOB

For those of you who enjoy fresh air or are not over-enamered with the live TV game between Cardiff City and Bristol City there's a league match at Holloways Park on Monday evening (Oct 26th) k.o. 7.45pm. In the Evo-Stik Central Division Beaconsfield SYCOB host those MK Dons-loving Aylesbury FC lot (not to be mistaken for Glyn Creaser's Ducks). Should add spice to the occasion.

Comments

• i'm going cmon sycob

• I'll be cheering on Aylesbury FC at the match . Some great things happening at the non league club plus they have also got a few youngsters in the squad that we should be looking at. Swindon town are looking at the defensive mid they have called John Montgomery .

• Are Aylesbury FC still managed by ex-Slough boss and perennial play-off failure Steve Bateman? 'TBF' they have done remarkably well to grow and market their club and they're a good side in that division. Unfortunately for Ducks fans, they won't come close to recapturing past glories and usurping their noisy neighbours playing out of Leighton. Like my erstwhile local side Chalfont, SYCOB do well with what little they have and need all the fans they can get. They play a lot of Monday matches to accommodate tenants Slough so if you are going, give them a much-needed cheer.

• @williwycombe From the start of this season United are playing at Thame United and not Leighton which means both clubs based there are managed by two ex-Wycombe legends Westy and Creaser.

• @williwycombe I wonder why SYCOB move their matches for the sake of their tenants? It can't be good for attendances. I see they're changing their name to Beaconsfield Town next season which is a bit of a shame.

• For the ill informed, what does the SYCOB stand for?

• @SurreyWanderer Slough Youth Centre Old Boys

• @floyd They wanted to change it this year but the Southern League put a stop to it as i believe the request went in after the League AGM was held.

• I can understand that part of the idea behind changing the name from Beaconsfield SYCOB to Beaconsfield Town will be a marketing ploy to try and reconnect the club with the town of Beaconsfield and the people who live there. I can't help feeling, though, that one of the club's biggest problems with getting the townsfolk to attend is the fact that physically it is effectively very disconnected from the town: a motorway, a length of dual carriageway and a very bust roundabout, with limited allowance for pedestrians, separate the ground from the town's residential areas. Maybe more would attend if they could stroll to the ground without having to negotiate these obstacles.

I wonder if the club have considered a minibus / shuttle bus idea, picking up and dropping off in the old town and a couple of spots in the new town?

• @Kimble_Blue Ah, didn't realise AUFC had moved on to Thame. They average about 100 at home last I saw which isn't great. Having said that I think Aylesbury FC only average around 130. Haven't been to an El Quackio yet, I'm sure they're quite a spectacle. Re: SYCOB. Yes, should get that name change through this time round. Currently one of the quirkier ones around. Can you not access Holloways Park at all via a cut-through from the town? As mentioned, lack of foot traffic is a real hindrance. They nearly made the Southern Prem a few seasons ago, beating Slough in the semis (much to their annoyance) before losing to Rugby (I think). If Burnham can do it...Best of luck to them tonight.

• Good match last night . Aylesbury wasn't at their best with a few players missing but still was an entertaining game.
    The Aylesbury FC drum boys are quality I personally think it's brilliant for a small non league team to have a singing group with lots of banter however was shocking that the Aylesbury FC players did not clap them or show appreaction .