Skip to content

Goalkeeping concerns

Todays goal conceded was a carbon copy of Stevenage's second last week.
A gently clipped in corner, the keeper remains rooted to the line, the opposing player gets free from his marker and nods
in from 4-6 feet.
I think the secret is well and truly out, now that we have keepers who look in extreme discomfort when asked to leave their line to collect an ariel ball.
Various rumours in the Woodlands stand as to whether Ingram was injured or dropped were circling today. In my opinion the back four have often been unfairly criticised for sloppy defending, due to the lack of a commanding keeper.
In a very tight and competitive league, only a couple of tweeks and some injection of midfield creativity should start to see us flowing again,but the long time objective of us trying to continually putting Ingram in the shop window, appears not to have been succesful, maybe it's time to address the floors in our keepers and their coaching.

Comments

• lynch did look very nervous today so i hope ingram isn't out for too long or he was just dropped

• Carlisle's keeper looked distinctly shaky today and we should have pressured him more.

• Ingram has a niggle according to Ainsworth and he thinks it's best for him to rest rather than make it worse losing him for longer,sounds a sensible decision to me.

• Of course Lynch looked nervous, the club have pretty much said he is not good enough by putting him out on loan at every opportunity. Both our keepers appear to lack development, a symptom of poor coaching.We need to get a deal with a club that have quality coaching and send them there for a period of time. West Ham seems the obvious choice as we have contacts there.

• Lee Harrison is at Leyton Orient. He left west ham ages ago

• Surely you mean giving him the chance of games by sending him out on loan at every opportunity. He can't develop his career by sitting on the bench for Wycombe every week.

• @eimajcameron said:
    lynch did look very nervous today so i hope ingram isn't out for too long or he was just dropped

Not sure how he looked nervous at all thought he looked very composed kicked the ball well an made mostly right desisions!! First league game in tuff conditions for keepers with all the rain ect.. As far as loans go the whole point is to get keepers game time surely?? Sitting on bench for long periods is not going to give you experience . 2 good keepers at the club

• Matt Ingram told me he was out for hopefully just one game with a thigh strain. Rumours abound because the club rarely give out any information.

• @stella68 well he's still a lot worse than ingram so i hope hes back soon

• @eimajcameron said:
    stella68 well he's still a lot worse than ingram so i hope hes back soon

I didnt say he was better tbf!!

• Lynch in my opinion is a good keeper and to improve needs game time which is obviously going to hinder Lynch's prgress in our situation.

• Mr Warboys - and when they did re Aaron Pierre they got slagged off royally on this very chat room.