Skip to content

Random & Obscure Wycombe Memories

Does anyone have any random and obscure memories of their time watching Wycombe.

I was listening to a Danny Baker podcast the other day, and it had the brother of Paul McCartney and the lead singer of Scaffold on. They played their song 'Thankyou Very Much' which reminded me of that spectacular own goal Kettering gave us in 1991/92 at Adams Park in the league. And that Scaffold song was sang by the Valley Terrace to the Kettering player who scored it. At the time I only knew the song for advertising Cadbury's Roses on the TV Advert

Comments

• I remember the same song being sung at the manor after farrell scored from a corner to moody. As well as moody let the goal in

• Also chesterfield away when our keeper got sent off and Brownie went in goal. We were all chanting Brownie when a steward took offence and demanded the whole wycombe support was being racist by chanting Brownie at our idol and threatened to sling us out unless it stopped

• Dreadful racism from the travelling Blues

• The wonderful DJ at Adams Park in the late years playing random tracks including Where's Captain Kirk by Spizz Energy. Was Our Captain Kirk C?orbin

Or the punch up at Worcester. The Wycombe crew are now in there late 50s and still attend regularly.

http://media.wix.com/ugd/13036b_eb170c747fcf4f3892039f030cacb998.pdf

• Sorry meant Loakes Park.

• One of my strongest memories of watching Wycombe is when Mooney equalised v Swindon in around 2006? The crowd in the 90th minute chanting 'Mooney, Whats the Score?' was amazing

• edited October 2015

@Fit2drop Punch up at Worcester. Was that the one where the Leek 'keeper bundled Blochel into the back of the net and a few of our faithful went onto the pitch to "have a word"? Ooops apologies - just seen the link and read it. Brings back memories...

• Late 50's Mr fit to drop ??? They may look that old, but they are certainly not.
    I think they are no longer known as rhubarbs, but The Wycombe Rhumatised !!

• Chas unfortunately I am 57 and one was in my class at school and another a year below me. But we did all have a hard life, got up before we went to bed, licked gravel.........

• How about the collapsed wall at Waterlooville that made the local TV news.

• A lot of obscure Berks & Bucks memories for some reason. Beaten up at Buckingham Town, standing around at Chesham waiting for the B&B cup presentation that didn't happen, a quagmire at Rivet Sports. (I actually remember playing them two years on the trot? But seem to remember different grounds?)

• A lot of obscure Berks & Bucks memories for some reason. Beaten up at Buckingham Town, standing around at Chesham waiting for the B&B cup presentation that didn't happen, a quagmire at Rivet Sports. (I actually remember playing them two years on the trot? But seem to remember different grounds?)

• @ChasHarps @Fit2drop Lol yes, Give me back a few years please!

• Time for an admission of guilt I feel.
    Back in the 70s I fear i was directly responsible for WWFC failure to win the league one season. Sometime around March or so we were drawing 1-1 at home (don't remember who against) when a late cross came in from the bottom of the hill at LP. Howard Kettleborough moved in unmarked with an open goal at his mercy. An over excited young boy (who I now confess was me) cheered prematurely and I suspect only that can explain why the useless twt hesitated and missed the simple nod-in completely. The game was drawn and the title lost on GD or by a point.
    I also take responsibility for the failure to push on after MON left. For years the blame has been put on Alan Sm
    th but actually the fault was mine. For several years I had displayed a WW flag in my garage and I believe it was directly responsible for the success of the latter MON years. tragically in late autumn 1996 the flag was lost in a house move and never replaced. The long slow decline set in culminating in the near relegation from the league at torquay.
    I have however redeemed myself recently. I picked up a couple of the w*nker sticks provided to the supporters at Torquay and restored a tangible presence of WWFC in my garage. It is surely evident that the trip to Wembley is far more down to its presence than alleged outstanding performance from Gareth Ainsworth and his team.

• @DevC Sorry to hear your guilt and shame for all your previous misdeeds. Did you ever get this back from a trip to one of your more local away games?
    http://disc.yourwebapps.com/discussion.cgi?id=31465;article=771295