Skip to content

Comments

• A nicely realistic assessment of the season so far. The stat that strikes me most - and strikes fear into me the most - comes in the goalscorers section. While not every team can have an Ibehre with 10 goals so far, the combined return from our four strikers of five goals, including penalties, in 15 matches, is abysmal. Especially when in so many of the matches we've played with three up front.

• I think the problem is precisely because we play three up front.

If we focused more on the supply, we'd create more quality chances and get more goals.

• Couldn't agree more Mr _stickers ......and they also do need to be well aware that we had started very well in the season before last when we diced with the Devil ! Saturday is now a very important game indeed !

• Please no 443 Saturday

• I'm not sure that 4 4 3 is allowed.

• Sausage fingers sorry, I meant 433 although we might fare better with a 443!

• I am hopeful the team will be in a 4-4-2 or 4-1-3-2

Ingram
    Jombati
    Jacobson
    Pierre
    McCarthy
    O Nien
    Rowe
    Thompson
    Wood
    Hayes
    Holloway

• I think the more pertinent question is, do you think Ainsworth will stick with 4-3-3?

• Really hope not

• I suspect it will be driven by an assessment of who he has available who are match fit and then an attempt to cobble together the line-up and formation most likely to win from those who are. GA has been brilliant at that for 18 months. He has my trust for a good while yet.

• when was the last time we lost 4 in a row let alone 5 ???

• edited October 2015

@richmayes999 what - no place for Harriman? Or have I missed something? I suppose you could fit him in as well if we did play 4-4-3.

• this is what we have to play

Ingram
    Sido
    Pierre
    Stewart if he's back, if not Rowe
    Jacobson
    Harriman
    Bean
    O'Nien
    Sellers
    Hayes
    Thommo

• @DevC people are only questioning Ainsworths tactics as the last few games have been reallt awful and the formation does not work in this league. Playing so narrow with no creativity and strikers who cant score is what league 2 defenders drean of.
    When we have played expansively witg wide men and get balls in the box is wheb we have scored and looked a threat. Stevenage and newport were dire...as bad as i have seen....you left thinking there must be unrest in the camp as even the work rate was not wycombesque

• sorry swop wood for harriman, my mistake .............

• Are you all sure Paul Hayes is actually fit enough to play.? I think not. Hopefully Harriman will be fit enough to start and Pierre has been a good boy. I hope for an early goal for the Chairboys to settle the nerves and force Carlisle into pushing forward and creating space for our creative midfield, ah who will that be?