Skip to content

Other players disciplined by WWFC over the years

Perhaps to take our mind off recent dismal performances, and in the light of Pierre's dropping from the team due to time keeping issues.
Can we recall other players who have faced internal punishment over the years ?
I vaguely remember Steve Thompson and Tony Hemmings reprimanded over a drinking/nightclub episode and back in the early 80's Steve Hardwick being suspended by the club after being sent off.

anymore for anymore ?

Comments

• Steve Abbley in the early Martin O'Neill days

• Didn't John Gregory fine someone for walking around the changing room without flip-flops on?

• didn't Thommo and Hemmings do a runner from plod and end up having a roll around in the hedge at the side of the road?

Andy Kerr was reprimanded by Martin O'Neill back when Wimbledon were showing an interest and his head was turned wasn't he?

And obviously Jason Cousins post Doncaster red card. He was banned from the club for a while wasn't he?

• Going way way back, wasn't Barrie Davies actually sacked by Brian Lee?

• Wasn't John Granville fined for walking around bare feet?

• Everyone who received a red card, for whatever reason, during GW's tenure and the early part of GA's, found themselves on community duty at a local school the next week as a 'punishment'.

This included the likes of Leon Johnson and even Anthony Stewart, who's red card was later rescinded.

• Tom Williams for the infamous 'mcLovin' it after 6-0 loss to Stockport away under Lambert?

• Was it Gregory who fined any player who shot from outside the box £5?

• I may be wrong but back in the 70s Ray Eaton was booked and a meeting was held to decide if he should be sacked. He may have been our only booking of the season.

• Even the great Bodger Horseman had his run-ins - especially with Brian Lee. He was suspended for a fortnight in January 1969, soon after Lee arrived at the club.

• @BLUEBOY I'm sure I remember that too. Crazy idea which led led to us never shooting for a while.

• @eric_palnt Cousins was fined a weeks wages and suspended by O'Neill for a week. He was also stripped of the captaincy.

• yeah, I think he was told not to come to training or the club for about a week as well