Skip to content

Is it all rotten in the state of Adams Park?

Consider the evidence:
:: Banton slung out unceremoniously
:: Donacien embarrassed by being sent home very early
:: Holloway moping around, looking like a petulant teenager
:: Pierre harshly punished for turning up late
:: Even O'Nien, normally so smiley, appears to be unhappy having to go to work...

Onien tweet

Is Ainsworth learning the wrong lessons from managers like Mourinho and Steve Evans? Morale among players seems to be rock bottom and I'm not sure the gaffer's autocratic methods are helping.

Maybe it's time for Andrew Howard to step in and do something to improve the mood? A team bonding day out at his race track or something?

Comments

• Evidence doesn't look great this week but normally these things are short term and amplified by losing football matches.
    I think going back to basics with a bit of a reset will help.

• This is a wind-up surely?

'Consider the evidence'...
    Banton - a winger who seems incapable of being fully in control of the ball, and is now on his 8th(?) club in 4(?) years - if he's a bad apple then surely better to get shot now than have him festering around the rest of the squad... His signing was simply a gamble that appears not to have paid off
    Donacien - if he's not up to the job then why waste his and our time by keeping him hanging around not playing?
    Holloway - yes he hasn't been on top form yet (although I felt he showed signs of improvement last night) but what petulance have you seen from him, and in what way is he 'moping' around?
    Pierre - harshly punished? If there are rules in place (presumably with known consequences) and he broke them then how is it harsh? If it came out in public that he'd played despite breaking those rules then some people would be saying that Ainsworth was being weak.
    O'Nien - now I know you're taking the piss. A red faced angry smiley means he's unhappy...LOL.

I'm not sure morale is low, I'd say it's a confidence thing more than anything.

• Yeah I thought Holloway was the one bright spark from last, more like his old self. Not much goal threat, but that was partly because he was having to come deep to get on the ball.

• I heard a strong rumour that Millwall came in for Holloway before the end of the season, but we activated an extension die to appearences that now runs until 2016.
    I predict he wont be a WWFC player next season, and would not be at all suprised if he's gone by Jan.

• @aloysius Donacien wasn't sent home very early - he was here for the entire month of his loan.