Skip to content

Comments

• Good preview.

Despite all the current negativity and the fact we haven't played that well all season, we are just 3 points off third with a game in hand. I wouldn't want to swap places with Accrington - I think we've got a better team and a better manager.

• My only hope is that those frustated by the current form don't forget all those frustrations and just assume we will roll over the side bottom of the league. I can really see some early moaning from those thinking it's a easy three points unsettle the team and make it a harder night. It will be hard enough anyway.
    Hopefully we can at least get back to a solid and reliable back line tomorrow. It's far easier to build from that. I think one goal will settle it.

• No points are easy

• 2-0 looks a bit ambitious given our indifferent home form; the "bogey" element; and rumblings of discontent both among a significant number of our supporters which (as Righty says) can be unsettling and, by inference, among one or two members of the squad. A convincing win tomorrow would go a long way towards restoring equilibrium. COYB.

• Need three points if we are going to go into Carlisle game with our tails up to be sure.

• Defence is a bit dodgy .. Unfortunately Danny Rowe is no Alfie Mawson... That Mawson "x factor" is what we are missing. he just inspired the team and is a damn fine central defender as well.

• And no doubt an inspiring skipper at Barnsley.

• I think Danny Rowe is a good player, who is suffering in comparison with Alfie who was quality and therefore got cut more slack by the WWFC faithful.

• We're not really comparing like with like. Mawson and Pierre had grown up together at Brentford in their youth team(s) and had developed almost a telepathic understanding. Danny Rowe is younger (turns 20 on Saturday) and has displayed incredible patience and loyalty for someone who has spent the majority of his time "warming the bench".
    His time will come - no doubt about that - and his height (6'3") is ideal for a central defender. He was superb alongside Anthony Stewart against Fulham in that fateful game when the latter incurred that nasty knee injury in the Fulham box - ironically in the last couple of minutes of added time. Hope "tools" is making a steady recovery.

• I rate Rowe at CM and CH, more than capable in both positions. Also doing a Mawson (bringing it from defence) and being comfortable on the ball surely is an attribute that Rowe can add to his game if asked.

• Definitely.

• Rowe should have our utmost respect for coming back time and time again. Quality player and loyal...hard to find these days