Skip to content

league 2 stewards

Does anyone else think these guys are getting worse? Yesterday the female steward was nothing short of a nuisance trying to provoke people about nothing at all. I really do not get it. Some grounds are excellent then a few we visit seem intent on nailing someone for nothing!

Comments

• Some grounds seem to have a bunch of officious idiots; other places the stewards are friendly and helpful. It makes a difference when you arrive but once the game has started I am too busy watching the footy to notice them.

• What did they do? Everyone we interacted with very pleasant

• Generally they were ok but the lady seemed intent on disrupting the singing area of our fans constantly up and down the stairs shouting and finger pointing...then getting the police involves after we scored.

• From the perspective of a casual observer she and her small team were more than entitled to respond in the way they did. The singing section was largely left alone even though they were over-crowding the seats (something some grounds are really hot on). She only upped the anti when a couple of chaps got over-excited and a bit sweary. The other lead steward just said to one lad 'calm down'.
    All in all I thought they were pretty good.

• To quote Andy I also was a "casual observer" & the stewards on a whole were fine, but I do agree with @wycombelad the female steward did seem to be on a bit of a power trip. She appeared to me to be trying to wind up or provoke a section of the Wycombe fans.

• One other thing I f'ing love about League 2 stewards is how they embrace their ear-pieces. At one point the two lead stewards were about 10 metres away from each other but were still using their radios to communicate. Pressing their ear-pieces into their ears awaiting news of a presidential sniper alert. I dream that they have amazing codenames for each other just in case their security was breached. Yeah part of the game was like Saturday.

• Haha spot on like someone in our end was a sniper