Skip to content

Comments

• edited October 2015

what a joke !!!!

• @richmayes999 , regardless of whether this is true, your forthright opinionated style of churning out tedious shite means you are rapidly becoming the new @blueh_w

• Better for him and the club if he gets game-time somewhere else, rather than sitting on the bench.

• Gaz quote
    "Jason is still adapting to the way we do things at Wycombe and asked to go out on loan"
    Read between the lines if you wish, but cant see much of a future for Banton at Adams Park.

• Listening to some comments that Gaz made last night, it does not surprise me one bit that Banton is on the move. I would be surprised if he had much of a future at Wycombe...I think it's a temperament issue myself. Still I expect someone new in on loan fairly soon. Gaz does seem to be the master of the loan system.

• Return of Paris on loan ?????
    Not getting much game time at the New Den, and working under a different manager
    to whom he was signed by ???

• WHO WILL WE GET TO CUT IN ONTO HIS RIGHT FOOT NOW?!

• Paris is currently injured so don't expect that today.

• Shock as @richmayes999 turns out to be talking utter bollocks!

• There could be many reasons why it hasn't worked. Wrong attitude, not a team player, not as good as Gaz expected, personally difficulty settling in the area etc.

This will be his ninth club (including loans) plus a short spell in the States and he is still only 22, so something seems to be amiss. Therebmust be a reason why Plymouth didn't offer him a new contract.

• Clearly Banton has not fitted in as even when we have been crying out for wide creativity he has been firmly sat on the bench. Large sections of the Plymouth fans were gutted to see him go but the management saw fit not to offer him a new contract. Clearly management consistently see something in him to sign him and then something else to let him go so quickly.
    Could be another player to file under the title 'what could have been'. I wonder what Hogan Ephraim is up to these days?

• Very odd. But we must trust in Gaz. He looked useful and like he needed game time to me, but I know nothing.

• The Plymouth fans I was talking to before and after the game didn't really rate him. Weren't sorry to see him go. PCH on the other hand they thought highly of. Mind you they didn't think much of Hayes when he was with them so what do they know

• Wish Banton all the best with his loan spell and hopefully it kick starts his performances.

The way we setup doesn't help a few players and as I said many times, the service to our forward players leads a lot to be desired. We lack fluency and creativity which hopefully Hayes can fill that void when he returns.

• Does anyone think that we could offload Ugwu to Hartlepool as well?

• Oh I do hope so Ewan.

• C'mon folks that's a bit cruel. The team is not functioning and players are getting lost atm. Next game it will be someone else as the fall guy.

• If everyone in the terrace had their way Bean would be shipped out first thing tomorrow morning.

• I get the feeling I'm in the minority but I quite like Ugwu.

• I'm not singling anyone out, just want too see some intelligent play, some passes, service and score more than the opposition. I'm not asking for too much am I ?

• @BSE said:
    I get the feeling I'm in the minority but I quite like Ugwu.

There is something I like about the guy, but I do agree that we've not been anywhere near good enough recently up top.

I would certainly take Holloway over him if Holloway looked like he could care less. He's such a talent but even today something about his general gait when he first came on looked off.

• @Ciderk1d I don't mean to be cruel, but for me, (apart from his debut), he has shown why he was a free agent. I know he isn't getting great service, but could he not win the odd header, control the ball occasionally, hold the ball up and bring the odd midfielder into play? I really am struggling to see many plus points!

• @AttitudeEra said:

Mabe he's miffed about something!

• @scarlet said:
    Mabe he's miffed about something!

Maybe the players who can play deck football are not performing as we serve crap tbfh.

• He has now played under 8 different managers and doesn't seem to be learning how to be a team player. I am not sure the penny will drop until he ends up playing in non league at the likes of Chesham.

• Sounds like he cheats by not tracking back.

• @Chris I remember that comment. Was it from Ronnie Moore when manager of Tranmere ref Bestsy?

• That's the hidden ingredient, get the effective balance between attacking flair (let skilful ones express themselves and do their magic) and defend/tracking back in military procession.

• It was Ronnie Moore - not sure who he was managing at the time but I don't think it was Tranmere.