Skip to content

Wood lose their manager then lose the plot

I was hoping that Tuesday's National League game between Boreham Wood and Aldershot Town would be a really good game. Wood lost their manager, Ian Allinson, who resigned on Monday and Aldershot are showing signs of improvement.

Unfortunately after a bright start, and an Aldershot goal after 10 minutes, the game drifted into a rather turgid affair. Both sides tried to play a brand of football that didn't seem to have the players to fit it. As a result both sides cancelled each other out and, apart from a late effort that brought a good save from the Shots keeper, most fans in the 581 crowd (248 from Aldershot) were relieved to hear the final whistle and make for home.

Ex-Wanderer Junior Morias started brightly but faded and was subbed in the second-half. Former loanee Anthony Jeffrey came on in the second-half but apart from a couple of runs didn't impress. The highlight of the second-half was Shots striker Richard Brodie being barracked by someone in the crowd. He duly turned round in the general direction and told whoever he thought to "f*** off". Most of the crowd took offence and had a go back. That was all that really woke them up in the second-half. £16 entry could have probably been better spent. One of those nights I'm afraid!

Comments

• Out of interest did the lad Kamdjo (?) play. Saw him against Torquay and he absolutely ran the show from DM.

• £16 at Boreham Wood !?! Blimey.

• Clovis Kamdjo did play and was one of the better players. I've known him from his Barnet days where he was reliable when he kept it simple but often made mistakes when he over-elaborated. He seems to have matured well as a footballer and could probably do ok in League Two.