Skip to content

Jason McCarthy signs one-month loan from Southampton

Comments

• Right Back/ centre back?? Not the obvious squad weakness. Why?

• you obviously didn't see the defending in our last 2 games then

• Defence has been strongest part of team throughout last season and this. Odd to me to prioritise this area over say creative midfield or attack.

• another player who can play right back, think we are getting desperate and can't get who we want. Saunders is injured AGAIN !!!

• @DevC, Possibly Harriman into right Midfield, McCarthy straight into right back and Sido to stay put as Centre Back.

Harriman on the right side of Midfield, is creative, can track back, cross a decent ball and can score, so I wouldn't be all to surprised if this comes to fruition this Saturday.

• Interesting signing. I'd guess that it signifies one of two things. Either:

a. There's an injury to one of the back four that hasn't been made public yet.

b. Gaz has decided that Harriman is best placed on the wing, isn't fully confident in Rowe and so Jombati will move back to right back with McCarthy slotting into the middle.

• Harriman groin is worse than first thought, I believe thats why he has bee signed.

• I would imagine either Harriman (who's best position is clearly right midfiield at present) is not yet fit, OR, Gaz would like some competition so that Sido does not see his starting place as a given after two very poor performances and no real fear of being dropped.

• Thankfully the new guy CAN play at right back if absoloutely necessary.

• Looks a decent addition. I think we need one more defensive option with Harriman's injury. Will be interested to see how and where he slots in.

• I'd imagine he'll play CB with Sido moving back to RB but who knows!

• Who knows indeed. I think talk of being "desparate" is inappropriate. GA doesn't do desparate.

• hopefully he'll be better than janoi

• Let's remember we also signed Jonai Donacien on loan as a replacement for the injured Stewart. There's been no new injuries since his return to Villa (minus Harriman who may well be back), so McCarthy could well Jonai's replacement.

• I hope he is better than that shower of shite .... who I might add will have the game of his life against us on Tuesday no doubt !!

• @richmayes999, Hopefully AAH gets the opportunity to play, has an awesome game and scores against his old club. Also turns Jonai Donacien inside and out.

Thus Jonai has the worst game of his life.