Skip to content

Ex Wycombe X1

Being bored today, I have picked a best team of ex wycombe players currently still playing in the league. I have excluded players we have had on loan e.g. Alfie. My effort is

Alex McCarthy

Gary Woodman
Mike Williamson
Kourtney Hause
Ikechi Anya

Josh Scowen
John Mousinho
Matt Philips

Jordan Ibe
Nathan Tyson
Stuart Beavon

Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Any reasons for leaving out Russell Martin?

• Yeh, what Righty said, plus, do you mean Craig Woodman?

• Yes should be Craig and forgot about Russell Martin. Surprising five of our players are now in Premier and I can see Philips and Hause joining them eventually.

• Don't let Liverpool fans read you are suggesting that Ibe is anything but a dyed in the wool scouser. If you read most articles about him you can see how he was brought their Academy system to make him the player he is. Much the same as when they were furious about losing one of their own in Raheem Sterling.

• Decent team, that

• Plainly Martin should be in, taking out the weaker link in that team Woodman. Mousinho these days is a centre back but oddly there have never been many options in compiling these lists in CM (Scowen now excluded). Oh and Mccathy is cheating but I understand why, there is literally nobody else - oddly.

A decent team but not much depth beneath it. Cowan-hall and Dunne in defense and midfield - can't think of any more. Maybe Harris if ever he actually plays. Upfront a few more veterans in Easter, Harrold, and John Sutton. Zebroski would have been close to the team where he not err "unavailable".

• Harris played on Saturday for 80 mins

• Other options were Joel Grant, Matt McClure Marvin McCoy, Dave Winfield and Lewis Montrose. However none of those except perhaps Joel Grant were close to selection.

• I could be wrong, but I seem to remember reading a stat that when Philips was in the premier league he had the highest cross accuracy in the league. A feat shared with Steve Guppy.