Skip to content

Down to 6th - Ainsworth out. Etc.

Getting very bunched up at the top - two points separating the top 8.

Comments

• Midway through the 2nd half we were still 2nd even though we weren't playing today.

• Never here the last from poxford fans now they are nearly top ! Hope the added pressure gets to them

• @OX66 Listen to Radio Oxford on way back from Didcot this afternoon, we all might as well pack up and go home, they have already won the League and according to that Jerome Sale they are ghe biggest club in our division they certainly live on a different planet along with those hatters supporters.

• Yes they all appear to be a little disillusioned , but that's ok because it normally goes wrong for them ! Although to be fair they have a decent chance this year

• yeah but they've still got less sides to their ground than anyone else

• They won a cup once. 30 years ago to be precise. Really, given such an achievement, you'd think they'd go and on and bleedin' on about it wouldn't you.

• With money stolen from pensioners, you would think they would want to brush that little event under the carpet or throw it out to sea.

• A bit harsh

• Not at all, do you really think the transfer fees and wages of Aldridge,Houghton,Trewick,Charles ect were paid for by there 5000 gates ?
    Dodgy Maxwell was bankrolling them,
    It was only hundreds of millions he stole from the pension funds.

• @tom_doust said:
    yeah but they've still got less sides to their ground than anyone else

In the interests of the great gasroom pedantry tradition, I feel I should point out they have fewer sides to their ground.

• Alfred the Great generally used the word "less" in the 800s so that is good enough for me!

• Seems he also misused the word great ;)

• Great stuff @drcongo !! Less people is just one example of the less/fewer conundrum that grates on this pedant. And the number of people who refer to the amount of people (including allegedly educated BBC journalists and presenters) is another one. The rule is that, if it can be counted, then fewer/number apply. But usage tends to determine what is correct so I and fellow pedants will just have to grit our teeth. Who do we think we are, anyway.

• Mea culpa - was a quick throwaway remark gratuitously poking fun at their geometrically challenged ground; remarkable that this has resulted in a discussion of grammatical minutiae.

Anyone else going to Oxford to see the Unthanks on the 27th?

• I saw the Unthanks at the Town Hall the year they won the Mercury , but not seen them since. The Town Hall was half full, which was disappointing. People moan about the lack of diversity in booking bands at the Swan and then don't attend.