Skip to content

The pitch

This has no doubt all been said, so apologies for any repetition for those in the know.

But.

I am assuming that the new pitch:

A) is no longer partly artificial and
B) the undersoil heating still works (when we can afford to turn it on).

Yea? Nay?

Comments

• 200+ views and no-one knows?

• the pitch is fully grass and yes we do have it still and it has to be used or we will be fined if its needed.

• I'm sure we were told the desso hasn't been completely removed.

• I have no real idea but once @richmayes999 speaks I'm far more likely to believe the opposite.
    When all the pictures were published of the pitch being ripped up I saw nothing about the plastic desso element. I think it is probably still there.

• it is grass only, if you don't believe me call the club and ask the groundsman !!!

• I don't believe you.

• then phone the club and ask you foolish person, it looks like it has some artificial grass within it because of the way its cut. I work at the club !!!!!

• Work as what?

• Official fantasist

• I work in the club shop

• Tea boy?

• MBSMBS
    edited October 2015

I believe that all the surface is grass only with no desso entwined. It seems that the club ripped up the top surface only to replace with a full grass pitch. To remove the desso element then they would have had to dig down a lot deeper, which would have cost a lot more. I'm not sure if this is right, but I also believe that fine desso fibres pose a health hazard to respiratory systems.