Skip to content

I wonder if there will be any suprises at next weeks Trust AGM ?

13»

Comments

• sorry m3g, not intending to patronise and not really sure what you mean. could you explain (not the rumour stuff but re communication. ). tory was your 608 post intended for me?

• @Wig_and_Pen I accept not "everything" but more communication is needed if you want people to engage with the idea of being fan owned. Even an article on what they do and who the FC board are would be good

• @Wig_and_Pen Sorry but I don't buy your explanation. My rebellious nature makes me want to rip up the order of things.

• M3G I am not sure what you are saying. Are you saying you should be told all that information I listed above?

Tory, there will by definition be new blood and that is good for any organisation. How good will depend on what people are elected and as we have said precisely what it is we are asking them to do. It will be crucial that the new Board can work well together. So influencing change consensually skills will be crucial. I do not know Mr Sumner as you do, purely from his posts on the old gasroom I would have some concerns. Fair?

It is in fact slightly worrying that all four members eligible to restand chose not to. may be co-incidence Perhaps its not a particularly happy ship now.

• @DevC Mr. Sumner Is straight down the line. I spent half time Saturday speaking with him and His integrity, honesty and business sense would be most welcome.
    Regarding information I am talking about a retraction and denial, when I know its fact.

• Have the four who are standing down, had previous "disagreements" with members of the rumoured consortium ? I wonder

• I wouldn't read too much into the four's decision not to stand for re-election. At least three of them are at or near retirement age, and have been with the Trust since day one. Maybe they simply feel like they've done their job.

• Same as @floyd don't read too much in to people standing down. Been a big commitment from some.

• @M3G I was very critical of the elections last time around and of the seeming unwillingness to get new blood on board. But I remain hugely committed to supporter ownership as a concept and want to see it work.

• We need every man, woman and child to vote at tonight's meeting.

If you are not a member you can join on the night for £10.

Remember with this trust malarkey, you get a vote - if you don't use it, you'll lose it and you may never get it back.

Excellent articles written by The Gasman on the original Gasroom site, please read.

• Fingers crossed for this evening,our Trust board does indeed require new faces with not only business acumen but intelligence and a genuine love for our club. Too many recent takeover groups/false information and secrecy so whoever gets on board we need them to be vigilant and 100% without alternative reasoning. Myself I will listen to all tonight but with regard to comments about Mr Sumner I agree with M3G his election would be most welcome

• Andrew Howard's P.R machine changes gear?

Are we to expect more Top Gear from the three of them this evening?

Wycombe Wanderers: Andrew Howard's Willy Wonka revolution

Andrew Howard is Wycombe Wanderers chairman, a motor racing champion and an ice cream man.

And ever since he set foot in Adams Park, the club have stopped getting licked on a weekly basis.

In May last year, the Chairboys were 90 minutes away from dropping out of the Football League.

Now, they are in the League Two promotion places and chasing an unexpected return to the third tier.

The club, it seems, has direction and leadership, and most of it comes from a man who owns one of the country's largest ice cream companies.

"You go to grown-up dinner parties and they're all there with their proper jobs. Somebody says, 'what do you do?' I get to say, 'I make ice cream'," Howard told BBC Sport.

• The PR machine begins...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31625399
    "Howard says he wants the supporters' trust to always have ownership of Adams Park, but believes a committed benefactor may be needed to ensure Wycombe's long-term future.
    Could he be that man? He is open to it, as long as the fans would have him. But in the short-term there is the possibility of achieving something much more exciting".

• Blimey. I feel sorry for whichever journalist has been conned into writing that...

• It might be this lady from Popcorn p.r. in Amersham.

Sara Howard

Sara – Board Director

Master communicator, Sara’s intrepid approach to PR has seen her create, manage and implement some of the agencies most strategically creative campaigns. With extensive experience working with large household names including the P&G portfolio she is always focussed on delivering commercially focussed results.

Out of work she loves to travel and gets her inspiration from visiting far flung places and experiencing different cultures. Her proudest Popcorn achievement was our industry recognition as one of the best new agencies by the PRCA and PR week.

• It would certainly qualify as a strategically creative campaign.