Skip to content

Comments

• Makes you wonder why a hard pressed council would want o lend the that amount of money in the first place! Where on earth do they think that NTFC would get 10m to pay them back? This will all probably end in tears. Plus it seems a lot for a new stand that will only add 2000 to the capacity that's not even finished. (I guess the new exec boxes are going to pretty plush!) Who would take over a club with that amount of debt hanging over it - you'll never get your money back.

• Does it really cost ten million to build a single stand?

• edited September 2015

Northampton continually find themselves in this type of situation, although this is a more extreme case than most previous.

They have relied on various investment and loans from the council for a long time now and seldom seem to be able to A. Justify it by doing something on the pitch and B. Pay it back.

The chairman has spoken all summer about a huge amount of money coming in from some mystery billionaire foreign investors. When something drags on this long their has to be a reason and if I were a Cobblers fan* I wouldn't be very optimistic right now.

.* I know several and they never seem to worry about anything relating to their club.