Skip to content

Hottest/Coldest/Wettest/Snowiest/Foggiest matches attended?

13»

Comments

• Thanks @NewburyWanderer. Definitely not as I can picture it in my head. I knew Aylesbury’s ground pretty well and definitely remember the very muddy one. For some reason I can picture a high wall down one side of the ground for the other game. Memory. Where was I?

• Hmmm I remember going to an away game with my brother and my dad sometime in the early nineties, I want to say Welling United but can’t be sure but I remember we only knew we’d scored when we saw the players running back congratulating each other.

Coldest for me was a Tuesday night game against Peterborough that I think got abandoned with us leading 2-0. It was so cold I thought my toes would fall off

• Happier days.

• @bookertease, I can't think where that ground was.

This photo of Aylesbury's Turnfurlong Lane ground was not of that Rivet's game but it looked like the pitch that day!

http://www.aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/images/special/turnfurlong3.jpg

• that Bury away game a few seasons ago (play off season) was played in terrible conditions

I was amazed the game went ahead; there was snow, it was freezing and the pitch resembled a quagmire. In fact the pitch was directly responsible for the goal we conceded as the ball got stuck in the mud and Alfie Mawson fell over his own feet trying to clear it

• Far from the coldest, but Blackpool on a Saturday a couple of years ago in August sounded like a very pleasant day out. It was dark, windy, and felt like the middle of winter. It was during the home fans boycott so there were few Blackpool supporters in the ground, giving it a strange atmosphere. To top it all off it finished a dull 0-0.

@eric_plant I was never convinced that game should have been played.

• I think the coldest I've ever been at a football match was on a Tuesday night in February (2002 I think) on the open terrace at Saltergate, watching us smash and grab a 1-0 win as Devine latched onto the end of a wind-assisted goal kick. Awful game, lost all feeling in my extremities, but it was all worth it of course!

• I won the supporters coach sweepstake that night

superfan

• Thanks @Steve_Peart. It will be my memory playing tricks but I can see it clearly in my head. Can you remember if Rivet Sports played in white? (Maybe i’ll Check who else we played in the B&B round that time)

• Around the World with Popeye the Sailor?
    Have I stumbled across the wrong bit of video?

• Aye aye, he’s popped up again.

• Oxford ity at home on a Boxing Day morning at Loakes Park. Such heavy fog came down asd to make the first half invisible. game then abandoned at half time. Luckily I only lived a short walk away at that time.

• Snowiest - this game https://www.11v11.com/matches/swansea-city-v-wycombe-wanderers-08-january-1997-292487/
    There were about 3 of us in the away end at kick off and I seem to recall the supporters coach arriving at half-time. We lost on penalties

• Remember the Macclesfield game that was abandoned because the blizzard was so heavy the linesmen couldn't see across the pitch?

I think it was only in October as well

• That was 28 October 2008, ten days after my hip replacement. The lines had quickly become obscured and the game was abandoned after 23 minutes.

• Lovely. Thanks.

• Last game at Underhill was hot with supporters exhibiting the "Barnet burn" which was a red right cheek due to the position re the sun of the terrace.
    Pompey away a few years ago for wettest, game abandoned at half time then got soaked to the skin trying to find the supporters coach.
    Coldest/fog Mansfield away in the early naughties, knees wouldn't work at the final whistle and took a long soak in a hot tub in a hotel in Nottingham to thaw out.

• @Ozzie_the_Relaxed ah the ‘sex pond’

• Er.......ok....?