Skip to content

Who do you hate the most??? new or old enemies

For me its Col u as im old enough to have seen and been involved in the games and in thr hatred at the time...the cup game springs to mind most the the Police lost the plot.

Bristol Rovers have now taken up the mantle from Oxford and MK as i cannot take either of those seriously.

Our trip to Bristol on the 10th seems to be one of the hottest trips we have had in many a year. They have some great fans but more morons than Col U so could this unlikely rivalry be taking over from the Col U one that no other club gets.

Comments

• Col U and the Bristol Rovers for me. Maybe a vague bit of local rivalry with Slough, Oxford and Reading.

And there is no rivalry with MK Dons, just disdain.

• Got to be the Gas.

It actually feels quite strange (and exciting) knowing that the games in October against Rovers will have a real feeling of animosity. It I've never experienced that during my 15 years supporting Wycombe. Other club's supporters tend to be very indifferent or slightly fond of us in my experience.

Too young for Col U, and the last time we met at Adams Park the atmosphere didn't feel any different to any other game.

Oxford is only really a rivalry if you live in somewhere like Thame, where there is a half and half split in support. Apart from the matches having a good turnout, there is no ill feeling.

MK Dons don't deserve any rivals.

• Utter contempt for Desperate Rovers after the way they behaved during the summer of 2014. Hope it takes them years to pay their stupid legal bills.

• I have enjoyed a beer with many a fan from different clubs and also enjoyed the post match banter. I felt uncomfortable when drinking with the London Clarets until they scrambled a draw, but most rivalries are a bit contrived, and certainly no hatred or contempt - just not worth it.

• This old chestnut.
    Col U in a footballing sense.Saint Martin vs Mcdonough Layer road pitch invasions and last minute winners.
    The board of the gas have made their club a laughing stock and a few of their more gullible fans have gone along with it.
    Oxford are really more Swindons problem although it is fun winding them up.
    The franchise was and is a failure by the F.A to halt that **** winkelmans property deal. It has created a team most would rather not be there .

• Can't stand Rovers _ horrible fans horrible club. However, Poxford are really the true rivals for me.

• It's Bristol Rovers for me these days. Matches between us have always had an edge for some reason, but it's now developed into a genuine rivalry. I'm sure Ainsworth will have the side fired up for the 2 games in October, he'll well remember the Rovers fans on the pitch at Adams Park and the disruption they're ridiculous claims caused last pre season.

The Col U rivalry has lessened over the years, even when we have played them. It's certainly nothing compared to the early/mid 90's.

Oxford is a big match these days for me, no matter how much both sets of fans try to deny it. With the exception of Rovers, these are the matches I most want us to win.

I don't feel an sense of rivalry with MK Dons at all, just a feeling that they should never have been awarded a place in the league.

• @bill_stickers said:
    Got to be the Gas.

It actually feels quite strange (and exciting) knowing that the games in October against Rovers will have a real feeling of animosity. It I've never experienced that during my 15 years supporting Wycombe. Other club's supporters tend to be very indifferent or slightly fond of us in my experience.

Too young for Col U, and the last time we met at Adams Park the atmosphere didn't feel any different to any other game.

Oxford is only really a rivalry if you live in somewhere like Thame, where there is a half and half split in support. Apart from the matches having a good turnout, there is no ill feeling.

MK Dons don't deserve any rivals.

For me it's the Gas.... but PoxFord close 2nd.

• This may be a strange one, but out of all teams, I really dislike Stevenage the most. Nasty, horrible club with obnoxious fans. Rovers are a close 2nd.

• Rovers because i live among the knuckle draggers!

• There is only one (Quarters) :)

• Hate is a very emotive word and one that should not be attached to sporting rivalry. I have a dislike of Slough Town and Colchester and am happy to see them lose( my age you see) I hold the actions of Bristol Rovers in contempt and Oxford United are just to pompous for words. But hate, no I don't hate the clubs and would not wish any of them anything other than keep on losing.

• Historically It was Slough & Enfield growing up. But those few brief games With Aylesbury Utd in the late 80's certainly made it interesting, they were and should have been our county rivals always, but for playing in a different league to us would have been. I also Hate Yeovil for that one season of real rivalry. Colchester is obvious, seeds sown in 1985/86 came to fruition in those Heady GMVC days. Never been to bothered about Oxford to be honest. Bristol Rovers are the new Yeovil Town. We had some real good battles with Preston in the early Football league years, Wembley is obvious but the league games when managers and countless players were sent off.

• An altogether sad thread. There should be no place for hatred in football. Friendly rivalry and banter (such a wonderful feature in non-league days when segregation was unnecessary) and disdain - great word, @Chris - for easily led moronic minorities should normally suffice but then I suppose I am a sanctimonious old sod at heart!

• Some teams were added to the hate list for no better reason than they beat us in important matches. When I first watched Marlow and others were rivals but I can't recall any being hated, which, as mentioned above, should have no place in football.

• Different emotions for different clubs:
    I love the banter pre the PNL games & enjoy the match every time home & away.
    Rovers is a totally different feeling, the two games in the Sainsbury's car park next month will be genuinely scary events - a hint of 1970's about it?
    Col U being such a long time ago it's difficult to still feel the animosity.
    Having been a neutral observer at some local derby's which had a truly visceral atmosphere I'm not sure we feel that way about any other club.

• for the vast majority of supporters, rivalry is just that - banter, a bit of enjoyment when the other team loses but not taken too seriously. The vast majority of supporters do not wish the rival genuine harm.

As it happens this was illustrated this very week when 200+ Plymouth supporters 50 or so Exeter and a smattering from other clubs (including one chairboy - me) stood shoulder to shoulder on the home terrace with home torquay supporters to express support in their hour of need. Not even the merest hint of trouble between normally sworn enemies.

Sadly a handful of idiots take it all too far and can sometimes spoil it for everybody else. thank goodness this is much less common than it used to be. Bristol R is a classic example. Last few years as a relatively close game for me, I would travel up. This year I am really not sure I can be arsed to run the gauntlet just to watch a football game. frankly what's the point. A great shame because over the years having worked for a bit in the city, I have known many Bristol R supporters - each if them decent football supporting human beings.

• As a non-local I cannot work up the animosity towards Col U or Oxford that seems to be in the WWFC DNA, and animosity towards the Franchise is part of all football fans, but in my eleven or so years, even before the Great Escape, Bristol Rovers are the only ones that seemed intent on causing bother...even Millwall and Leeds seemed less aggressive.

• @micra You are right old friend. Hate is a strong word and we shouldn't go there. But distate - oh yes, I think so and @M3G has a fair point about Yeovil and Slough from the old days. I remember some very big Slough cake holes that needed filling with humble pie - mind you I'm pretty sure we have our own fair share of those (who doesn't).