Skip to content

Comments

• while he remains rooted to his line on crosses we have no worries about him leaving.

• You are an idiot.

• no just stating facts

• Opinions are not facts. Only the most arrogant don't know this.

• Janoi Donacien has returned to aston villa after 2 appearances for the blues: any thoughts on how he did, and whether he's one to watch for the future ?

• My opinion, is that he has potential and if he played a few more games would have slotted in nicely. Unfortunately for Janoi, Sido was able to fill that hole, quite handsomely.

• Aston Villa are not the only team to have watched Ingram. I agree he does need to command his box better but he's better off playing here and learning his trade than going to a PL club and warming the bench or playing reserve or under 21 games.

• I suspect that any potential sale of Ingram would involve a "loan back" agreement, should it happen this season? That would take out the "disappearing into the black hole" that is apparent if not included the Premiership 1st team squad.

• I suspect Southend's Dan Bentley will make the great leap (pun intended) before Sir Matt. Come on @bentley1 how do you feel about that prospect? You've been strangely silent following your beloved Southend's indifferent start in League 1.

• They'll be reasonably happy I'd imagine - Southend have reportedly already turned down a bid of £1.3 million from QPR. If we sold Ingram for that much it would be a great deal for all three parties.

• I think a realistic figure for Ingram would be around £200k plus a healthy sell on percentage.

• @mooneyman said:
    I think a realistic figure for Ingram would be around £200k plus a healthy sell on percentage.

Well they aint aving him then lol.

• As we got £5000,000 for Jordon Ibe we should get no less than that amount plus add ons inmy opinion.

• With the greatest respect, fine Gk that he is, do you really think Matt Ingram has the same potential as Jordan Ibe?

• Matt is under contract until the summer of 2017, so I cant see us if we are to sell him doing it until the end of this season.

• Dev i bdelieve Ingram could become an England player in the future like Ibe hence my value of him.

• Obviously you are entitled to your opinion but you may want to bear in mind that Ibe is highly likely to make his England debut at a considerably younger age than Ingram is now.

I guess it is possible that a premier league club may come along offering £500k but personally I wouldn't be bob-bob-bobbing along to the local bank to spend that kind of money just yet.

• I am sorry but I truly believe that Ingram will play for England in the future, he is the best golf keeper I have seen at wycomvbe. Why do we sell players for peanut when team like Southend can hold out for millions?? If Bentley is worth 1.3 million then Ingram is on par with that. Our policy of taking low offers is ridiculous. Maybe we would not be in this much debt if we held out for what are players are really worth.

• *goalkeeper

• Agree about Matty's quality and potential. Very fine young 'keeper. But remember - still extremely young for a goalie - may well not reach full potential for another ten years. I think we may be forced to sell 'em too cheap because we have a "Trust stated" policy of "no more long contracts". Finances, sadly. We all know that the best place for him to continue to develop and learn is at AP under good old Baz's watchful eye - do we not?

• In all fairness Hart had long gone from Shrewsbury by Ingram's age. Ingram will need lots of technical coaching to get him to the next level and we can't offer that at Wycombe. If he moves in the next year he may get a chance to reach the top top level of football. After that I guess Championship will still be a hell of achievement.

• I recall people raving about Ben Roberts and Tom Heaton. Where are they now. I say this not to criticise either player but to remind posters how hard and some might say arbitrary the path to the top can be. The fact that Clemence and Shilton alternated in appearances for England suggests that goalkeeper is a particularly difficult position about which to make team choices.

• Tom Heaton is doing very well, Captain of high flying Burnley and been called up into the full England squad.

• I spotted a call-up for Heaton last year, but he is still now playing second tier football. Roberts was injury prone, but both illustrate how fickle the fate is especially for goalkeepers who can't exactly fill in elsewhere.

• There's only really 3 English goalkeepers in the Premier League (Hart, Ruddy and Butland) with only McCarthy at Palace another who's even close to the 1st team. Forster would be another but he's injured.

I wouldn't say playing second tier football is a major hindrance to being selected for England.

• Do keep up Mr Baldic, Heaton was in the squad that faced Switzerland only 2 weeks ago.

• I liked Fielding but he has bounced around a bit hasn't he?

• To be honest I don't follow international football all that closely - the players routinely flatter to deceive, and show little real enthusiasm for representing their country.