Skip to content

The Opposition View - Plymouth Argyle

Comments

• Fair comments, apart from PL2 3DQ. I think he must have been watching a different game in the 1st half, as I thought we were much the better team, but just struggled to deal with their set pieces. Also the comments about our time wasting antics, although perhaps correct, were hugely hypocrytical given the way Argyle saw out the last 20 minutes or so. No complaints from me, I thought they were very effective in slowing the game down and seeing themselves through to 3 points, but it does grate when opposition fans moan about us doing exactly the same things their own teams do when defending a lead.

• A long way to go a lot of of ups and downs to come , Plymouth fans ok a few of them think they are promoted already.

• laughable comments for me starting with the manager. .."Someone can choke on their GPS equipment! Really? Then the comments about bean should have been given a red and jombati should have 2 yellows..for me their number 27 was very fortunate to be on the field. .Plymouth played well and so did wycombe..draw for me at worse.

• I think their number 27 could have had four yellows if the ref had been half competent (and before any smart arse comments, yes I know he'd have been off after the first two...).
    First when he made no attempt to head the ball and took out Danny Rowe, for which the ref only gave a drop ball.
    Then the foul when he actually did get booked. But he also threw the ball at the ground in a show of dissent when the ref gave the foul so should have been another booking.
    And then when he kicked the ball away after the ref blew up (can't remember what for now) when he was running down the left wing. The ref appeared to reach for his pocket as he ran towards the player then must have realised he'd already booked him and stopped himself.

I'll be interested to see Bean's booking on the player highlights as to me it looked to be a perfect challenge where he won the ball cleanly, but the Argyle players and fans were baying for blood.

Also be good to see what happened to Jacobson when he went down as if he'd been shot late on off the ball but I doubt the camera will have caught it. Did anyone standing nearby see the incident?

• A great game of football that we should not have lost but can't complain at the fantastic team effort. We will play worse than that but win this season. I have to say that there are people out there who are impressing me more and more each week. We have a long way to go but really are building on last seasons efforts.

I have to say the most impressive thing about yesterday was the tweet on the official account saying well done to Plymouth and wishing them a safe journey home, pure class and something we need to get back to being a great club both on and off the pitch.........Well done to the person that posted it!

• Welcome back Phil, we missed you.

• Plymouth fans reckon they're promoted already, didn't we hear that before the play off semi finals?

• Good game, we lost and nothing to be ashamed of. Both teams entertained.

To the Pilgrims well done, harbour no hard feelings, we have a great squad of players who can play a few positions and I can honestly see us challenging for playoffs or top 10 finish. The next 3 games will be an indication how could we are or not.

4/5 points from 9, I will be happy with that, it's long old season and I'm not deluded that we are going up with auto's.