Skip to content

Chelsea fans filmed pushing black man off Paris Metro

chanting – 'We’re racist, we’re racist, and that’s the way we like it'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/chelsea-fans-filmed-pushing-black-man-off-paris-metro-10052713.html

Comments

• Absolutely sickening.

• edited February 2015

Fair play to the guy for trying to get through the doors over and over again. Very intimidating bunch, even if they looked mostly like a bunch of fat middle aged men who should know better.

• Yet I'm sure they absolutely idiolise Chelsea's black players. Not only are they mindless cretins but also hypocrites to boot.

• Tossers.

• And lets not forget they have a player previously up before the FA for racist comments. I think if I ever heard or saw this sort of behaviour from so called Wycombe fans I would tear up my season ticket, burn my shirts and never go near the club again. This is totally unacceptable behaviour in any society and lets have no excuses about minorities ruining it for the vast majority, find them ban them AND prosocute them..........

• @Pete While I think what they are doing is completely unacceptable, what you're saying is ludicrous.

I wouldn't rip up my season ticket, and deny myself the right to see Wycombe play and proudly support them, just because some other bunch of people who support them are being gormless twats!

By the same logic, why not revoke your British citizenship because some British people are racist?

• Back in my teens I'd often go and watch Chelsea with a bunch of mates from school. Back then overt racism was so common you barely thought about it. But then I remember going to see Chelsea away at Palace. It was Paul Cannovile's debut for Chelsea I think and as he came on the pitch a huge number of Chelsea fans starting booing, chanting and making monkey noises. Even to a naive teenager as I was then it was shocking. I've hated them ever since. Seems a lot of them have never changed.

• Worst experience I ever had at football was going with a Chelsea fan to the North Bank against Spurs...this was when Ruud Gullitt was playing for them...after 80 minutes of vile anti-semitic abuse (the Y chant directed towards Jurgen Klinnsman for example...) they saved the worst for when Glen Hoddle brought Mark Stein on from the bench. Yes, their own player...I am sure that things are far better now as they are at most clubs...so I hope Chelski do something about this.

• Awful truly awful but well done the guy who filmed the incedent I hope they can use the footage to identify and make life a little harder for those thugs .

• Maybe they should just throw Chelsea out of the Champions League - that might wake them all up to stop this happening again at that club.