Skip to content

Will we add to the squad once the loan window opens

2»

Comments

• Tommy Fletcher ??

• @micra Matt McClure nearly achieved a clean disciplinary record last season and probably should have. Aside from a questionable red against Tranmere, when he'd been on the pitch for less than a minute, he was not shown any other cards in his 32 appearances.

• @Uncle_T I'm amazed that Matt McClure played in 32 matches. Too lazy to check but I suspect that a high proportion were from the bench or as an unused substitute. And of course he was capable of collecting a red straight from the bench, questionable or not!! I am not a bitter person by any means but it does rankle that he has scored 4 goals already for Dagenham & Redbridge!

I met Matt at the training ground a few years ago when he was recuperating from the injury sustained at Hayes & Yeading. Like all the young Wycombe players I've met, he was polite and approachable. Realistically, Wycombe couldn't offer him a new contract with his injury record but, who knows, depending on his continued success and the relative circumstances of WW and D&R at the end of the season, a return to Adams Park next season might not be out of the question.

• @blueh_w : I assume you meant to say "a big unit" as he undoubtedly is - see picture alongside GA on the official website.

• @micra said:
    Interesting stat: according to Soccerbase statistics, Gozie went the whole of last sason (40 matches) without a single yellow card! A rarity these days. Can anyone name a single Wycombe player who achieved that last season (or, almost, this season so far!)
    Gozie played alongside PCH at Plymouth 3 years ago.

Did Gozie play alongside Banton ? Hopefully so as they will know each others game.

• He played with PCH at Plymouth not Banton i believe.

• He started two games and came on as a sub in four more. Who knows how much time on the pitch was shared with PCH.

Seems to tower over GA, but only 6ft 1 1/2. Seems its more GA being small than Gozie being tall.

Imagine he is relatively cheap and in GA view presumably has some potential. Doubt he will initially be first choice but give him a few games and judge him then.

• @DevC From what I've seen of him he is rather more than 6'11/2" !! GA is 5'10" and I would say (just from that photograph) that Gozie is at least 5" taller. And what a powerful physique. You'll see on Saturday!

• Wiki facts not 100% reliable - surely it couldn't be.

Next game fortnight away for me sadly

• I think Gozie and Pierre at corners will be handful for the opposition.

• When all are fit I'd like to see Gozie, Pierre, Stewart and Holloway all attacking JJ's corners. Would take a 'robust' defence to deal with those four.

• So presumably no place for Hayes, Thompson or Rowe then?

• Jeez, seven players attacking JJ's corners...............that's a sight to see

• And Ingram coming up as well in injury time to get the equalizer!

• If this new lad gets the nod straight away, Banton has the right to be more than a little miffed after all this talk of "wycombizing" players to fit our style.

• Then Banton needs to up his game, nobody has a right to play ahead of another because he's been at the club longer, you have to pick your best team.

• There's a difference between telling a player he isn't training well enough, and that he hasn't had enough time to adapt to our style of play.

• and the lad has been training here for 2/3 weeks so will know how we play etc.

• I'm surprised no-one's asked the critical question, can he fill in at right back if required.

• Depending on Hayes and Holloway injuries status, I would put a bookies bet, Thompson, Hayes and Holloway start in a 4/3/3 and the who ever shows signs of fatigue, fading or not looking sharp (or unlikely to score) enough will be withdrawn for Gozie after the 2nd half.

Still believe Gozie will go through the Wycombised process and get 25-35 minutes of game time Saturday. Unless Hayes and Holloway are still injured ofc.

Anyway great competition for our forwards.

• I think we've just about got sufficient cover at right back now. The question should be can he play the 1 in a 4-2-1-3.

• Is there any news to why Holloway is out at the moment and how long for ?

• Did hear that Amadi- Holloway knocked his knee in training and is back training also Hayes. Weather that's true or not, hope so .

• I think he may be on the bench tomorrow as he isn't match fit yet (according to Bucks Advertiser).

• Hayes said in TBFP he was looking forward to facing Plymouth tomorrow as he usually scores against them.