Skip to content

Peter Shilton ITV4

Superb programme tonight worth downloading if you missed it. My favourite bit was Shilts anecdote of Forest's second leg European Cup tie at Liverpool. Cloughie encouraged his team to have a beer on the coach , and again a glass of wine with the lunchtime meal. The brief clip showed a certain Northern Irishman indulging.

Comments

• Tony Adams would have shit himself, you can't even have a matchday apple on his watch, let alone a pint.

• edited February 2015

I think he was playing in Leicester reserves or something when Peter Taylor snapped him up. As a Nottinghamian, Clough and that squad put the city on the map...never a dull moment. And unlikely we will ever see the like of that sort of success for a smaller club again

• Totally agree. Clough basically performed a real life football manager moment

• Not factually correct Mr Wendovermen, shilton was at Stoke City city, who had paid a record transfer fee for a keeper when signing Shilts. Cloughie had tried on a number of times to sign Peter, and finally succeeded when Stoke had to sell there star players such as Greenhoff and Shilts to balance their books.

• I stand corrected Chas...though I prefer the legend!