Skip to content

Defence

Tomorrow will see our 5th different centre back partnership in 7 matches tomorrow with Jombati and Donacien at the heart of our defence. Or possibly Jombati and Rowe if the latter is fit.

Its remarkable that we've got such a good defensive record in such challenging circumstances.

I was very impressed with Sido last week at Crawley, to the extent that I can even see him becoming a centre-back at some point in his career. He did everything that could have been expected of him defensively and brought the ball out of defence stylishly too.

He'll need to have a big game tomorrow too.

Comments

• I would describe our start to the season as 'grinding out results'. Hopefully this spell will be our bad patch because if we can pick up points whilst not playing that brilliantly, we will be unplayable when we hit form.

• And by form I mean the style of play we are capable of. Keeping the ball down. Form was the wrong word.

• Is the thought that we are capable of prolonged spells of playing the ball on the ground based on any fact from last season? Fact or myth?

• It certainly is fingers-crossed time especially as having Rowe and Stewart looked (and will look again) like we had excellent cover in defence!