Skip to content

Bizarre events going on at Griffin Rd

Come on Alfie, your best of out of it, and we will welcome you into the Bucks Bosom.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31489212

Comments

• Mostly Charlton fans in Griffin Road

• oops Griffin Park, but soon to be Lionel Road .

• hahaha says the chairman: "sustainable Premier League football" - a bit of a way to go yet! It's not as if he's roman abramowhatsit.. Think someone mentioned on another post about living within ones means.

• The treatment in recent times of O'Driscoll, Warburton, Hughton, Adkins, Pearce and McDermott by owners after great service just shows what a depressing job being a footy manager can be even if you are moderately successful! Brentford promotion push now over I suspect and I hope the owner is happy...

• I'd quite like to see them narrowly miss out on promotion in the play-offs so that Warburton is still seen to have done a good job when he leaves, and then implode spectacularly next year and suffer a fully deserved relegation back to League One. It will be no more than the owner deserves.

• Don't understand the need to replicate foreign hierarchy setups. No other Country in the world has the following of English pyramid system (not forgetting the few Welsh sides). We have the best of the best. End of.