Skip to content

WWFC Christmas card from 1988 or 1989

The card that year had an artist impression of the soon to be built Adams Park. It was quite different
to what was actually built, the picture showed an eye catching curved roof in a beige/sandy colour.
Ive mislaid my card a number of years ago, i wonder if anyone still has the Crimbo card and can upload it
onto this site ?
Also the great 1981/82 Fa Trophy run, The 4-1 victory v Bishop Auckland, where the players from the 1957
Amateur cup final from both teams were present, was recorded on VHS.
I remember at the time you could hire out copies for a few days, i think i watched it about a dozen times.
Do any of these copies of this classic nostalgic game still exist ?

Comments

• Thanks Mr Helper, but the one i was referring to was prior to our move and had a distinctive curved roof.

• I can vaguely remember it. I'll have dig round and see if I can find it anywhere

• Finally found it !!
    Here is the artist impression of the of the originally planned Adams Park, via
    the absolutely superb new Chairboys archive site.

http://media.wix.com/ugd/13036b_b99d2793e6544d009504d94642aa5f5e.pdf

• My favourite part of that is the artist's impression of the car parked in the foreground. How very 1989!

• Not a pair of baggies or a 'Reni' hat in sight, the artist clearly didn't envisage the 'Second summer of love' coming.
    That is despite the legendary Mr Jolly giving numerous renditions of Aceeeeeeeeeeeed !!!, on the loakes Park terraces at every home game.

• Does anyone know why the Valley Terrace rather than the Hillbottom Rd end was chosen as the "popular end" where the singers went? Both were home sections up to and including our first season in the football league

• Might be that they didnt want away fans trawling through the hordes of home fans and that by placing them nearer the main gates it was easier and quicker if needed to dispense the away following.

• no but that's the thing, the Hillbottom Rd end was also for home supporters right up until after we got promoted to the league

Away supporters used to have part of the Woodlands Terrace, but nearer the Hillbottom Rd end.

• @aloysius said:
    My favourite part of that is the artist's impression of the car parked in the foreground. How very 1989!

My eye went straight to that too. The whole picture wouldn't look out of place on http://paleofuture.com

• @eric_plant said:
    no but that's the thing, the Hillbottom Rd end was also for home supporters right up until after we got promoted to the league

Away supporters used to have part of the Woodlands Terrace, but nearer the Hillbottom Rd end.

I have a vague memory that Forest supporters were ushered into the Hillbottom Road end for the opening game there. Perhaps it stuck from there?

The only time I stood on it was against Slough when the Valley End was full. It felt wrong.

• Not just modern but 'ultra-modern''