Skip to content

Comments

• We may be up against McClure tomorrow.

COYBs.

• 'up against' suggests some form of resistance, not a quality I associate with McFlurry possibly the softest striker in the Football League

• Thanks Len & Benny!

• Vital predicts a narrow 2-1 win. I suppose this is on the optimistic side compared with the usual 1-1 prediction, and I know this is a classic banana skin game. But there's a bit of a stark contrast with the Daggers forum consensus of a heavy defeat for them.

Has anyone done a comparison of Vital's predictions last year against our actual points tally?

• Blimey the ref for the game has taken charge of 2 games and dished out 17 yellow cards, worrying!

• edited August 2015

@OakwoodExile Yes, they were 100% correct...

You can take my word for it, no point in checking.

• They've played 3 decent sides though in Pompey, Orient and Exeter

It won't be easy tomorrow

• let's hope Janoi Donacien fits like a glove then! COYB!!!!

• Well rolls off the tongue anyway!!

• I do hope Matt McClure doesn't get the what has recently seemed to be automatic abuse of anyone who has ever played for us. Maybe I'm getting old but in my "middle of the terrace superfan" days we politely clapped most ex-players, unless they had left under a dark cloud.

• I couldn't resist the odds on Betfair for a 3-0 (12/1) and 4-0 (23/1) win for us. So went for it, why not...

• McClure will get a very warm reception tomorrow, and rightly so

• edited August 2015

Judging by the recent posts on the Facebook group, there's a number of people on the terrace who want to loudly abuse Max Kretzch for being injured a lot, and Bloomfield for missing a penalty. Beggars belief.

If our own players can get such hostility, opposition players don't stand a chance!

• Matty deserves a warm reception. He tried hard but was undone by continuous injury.

• ....and by being too soft for league two, not playing to a system, not developing his game on from its initial instinctive promise, and, and, and.....

• I hope he gets a good reception, I'm sure he will from most. A good, instinctive striker, who's career at Wycombe was undone by his numerous injury problems. I really hope it works out for him at Dagenham, just not tomorrow!

• I would never call him a "good" striker. Very limited ability and not really a team player. However, I accept his career hasn't been helped by a non stop list of injuries.

• The abuse meted out to Winfield and McCoy the other week was embarrassing enough, though if anyone boos McClure when he comes on (notwithstanding any acts of thuggery or other unsporting behaviour), they are complete and utter morons.

• I hope McClure remembers he's and Daggers player and goes in the away dressing room, and not the one he spent years in ?
    As im sure our medical team wont want to hoof him off the table, so they can see to Rowe and Stewart.

• That's cruel but you never know.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    Matty deserves a warm reception. He tried hard but was undone by continuous injury.

agree!

• Local lad. One of our own who wasn't allowed to stay. For his actions at Torquay alone he deserves respect let alone his 100+ games.

• Was not McClure from Slough, I'm sure Rebels fans would not consider him 'One of our own'.

• McClure was raised in South Bucks, Farnham Common to be precise. Can't get more 'One of our own" unless you live in High Wycombe.

• no ability ??? Probably one the best finishers to play for this club and he deserves a good reception he was released and that was not his fault but the
    continual injuries.

• Got a dicky feeling about today. It smells like one of those games where we come unstuck under a weight of expectation.

• First post for the season - my third league game. It will be a good start to the season whatever happens today, and it is rare now that an Ainsworth side, or indeed a Wycombe crowd, doesn't persevere past setbacks. I feel hopeful about today despite the omens. Come on you blues.

• @prufrock_91 said:
    Got a dicky feeling about today. It smells like one of those games where we come unstuck under a weight of expectation.

agree with you. Classic egg on face territory. Heat hardly conducive to our high tempo game. McClure with only goal on breakaway. Hope I'm wrong!

• Hope to see Banton and holloway start.

• Holloway yes but Banton i'd leave on the bench, it seems GA doesn't trust him yet in running back to help our defence when under pressure, he needs to prove himself before getting a regular starting spot.