Skip to content

Bean. The new Brownie?

Widely derided after his first few games. People wonder why we signed him. Circumstances force him to change position. Becomes a dominant presence, cult figure and Wycombe legend.

So expect him to get sent off on Saturday for some senseless assault on a D&R player

Comments

• One of my memories of watching Brownie was an absolutely needless handball and utterly deliberate handball right in front of the ref. What a man.

• He was indeed the man

• Brilliant player who actually struggled until he got that wonder goal at Doncaster.

• I don't think Bean's yet acquired that "player the opposition love to hate" tag. And given the fact that the opposition are generally more focused on our overall gamesmanship and timewasting than any one player, I doubt he's likely to.

• Agreed Beano is becomming the new Brownie. Still hoping someone will post Tuesday nights final whistle playground hair pulling from Player on here.

• Remember Brownie's celebration after that Doncaster goal? Camped up to the max!

• If memory serves me right did he score in the first few minutes? I seem to remember arriving five minutes late and we were one up?

• 3-0 or 3-1 in the end? (Sorry - memory going. And I can't blame the ale for that one. I drove)

• Great goal from Brownie though. That really helped him fit into the side.
    I also remember him taking two players out with one tackle away at Millwall. The home fans were going mad!