Skip to content

Gasroom.org and Google Chrome

Can anyone help? Whenever I try to access gasroom.org via Google Chrome I get this message:
Error code: ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH A secure connection cannot be established because this site uses an unsupported protocol.

Comments

• I use Chrome and don't have any problem.

• @wingnut said:
    I use Chrome and don't have any problem.

Same here. In fact, it seems to work great however I view it. I can browse on IE at work, switch to safari on my phone and then Chrome at home and it seamlessly remembers which threads I have viewed and takes me to the most recent unread post in each, regardless of which device I was last using.

Bloody marvellous...

• @Fidget said:
    Bloody marvellous...

Hey does this mean there's no profanity filter on the new Gasroom? Hmmm, how to test it to the max...

Scunthorpe...

• @Fidget said:
    Scunthorpe...

Fanny

• @adamspark Are you running the latest version of Chrome?

• Col@#*!?er

• @Fidget Looks like you found the limit.

• @rolo Yes I am running the latest version of Chrome, but on an old XP laptop. If I connect with IE it advises me not to proceed as site does not have trusted certificate, or something. I don't have any problems accessing the site from my Win7 PC though, so maybe the problem is more to do with XP than Chrome.

• Yep, that is an XP issue. I'm afraid MS never got around to making XP compatible with modern web security.

• And it will only get worse now that support for XP has ceased.