Skip to content

Team for York

Thought this deserved its own thread.

I'm going

Ingram

Jombati Stewart Pierre JJ

Banton Blooms Rowe Wood

Hayes Holloway

Maybe a 4-3-3 with Blooms out and Thompson in and up front.

Comments

• Bench of Lynch, McGinn, Onien, kretch, Harriman, Sellers, Thompson

• I'll leave it up to Gareth this week...see how he gets on...then set him right.

• Given the next 2 Saturday's are followed by Tuesday night games (Get in!) we may not see a first choice XI... something like the fittest 11 start Saturday and everyone will get their chance??

• edited August 2015

Maybe Ainsworth will really shake things up...

Lynch
    Harriman Stewart Rowe Sellers
    McGinn Bean O'Nien
    Thompson Holloway Banton

Only three players with us this time last season and none of them were getting much game time in the early stages!

• Interesting - based on reported performances in friendlies and what we know from what they've done for the club already that would be quite an interesting footballing side. It underlines what good business the gaffer seems to have done over the summer. If you'd taken Ingram, JJ, Sido, Pierre, Sammy, Blooms and Hayes out of last year's squad it would have looked a bit thin in comparison

• Ingram
    RB. Jombati
    CB. Stewart
    CB. Pierre
    LB. Jacobson
    CM.Bean
    CM.McGinn
    LM. Wood
    RM.Thompson
    CF. Hayes
    ST. Holloway

• GK Ingram
    CM Pierre
    RB Sido
    LB JJ
    LM Banton
    RM Harriman
    Claude Role/CDM Rowe
    RCF Holloway
    CF Thompson
    LCF Hayes

Got to be honest, struggling like hell to select the 11, I think will start. Can't fit Bean and Wood :(

• Ingram
    Jombati
    Pierre
    Rowe
    Jacobson
    Harriman
    O'Nien
    Bean
    Banton
    Hayes
    Thompson

• I will probably leave my team choice for Tuesday's game after watching today's performence,can't really judge them at the moment. So any of them that play today a big good luck coyb.

• Wood would always be in my starting 11.

• I'd go:
    Ingram
    Sido, Stewart, Pierre, JJ
    Harriman, Rowe, McGinn, Wood
    Thompson, Hayes

• I have a feeling GA will go 4-3-3 and I think that would mean Banto in and McGinn sub. Otherwise I am with you bookertease.

• I actually think Thompson will be hard work physically to play against. Tell him to work the defence for an hour and then give Holloway 30 minutes against a tiring defence. But yes. I know GA doesn't like to plan things like that

• And Hayes would always be my first name on the team sheet. He is such a clever player he knows how to bring the best out of everyone around him. Remember how dire we were Feb/March when he was out for a few games and we couldn't buy a goal? He's also the best captain we've had probably sine Terry Evans (sorry Blooms)

• The season is young and long, we have three main strikers, so let the goals and assists do the talking I say.